The "I Need Help & Advice For This Game" Thread

#61Azure_lKitePosted 2/2/2013 1:30:39 PM
VermilionX posted...

the supporter needs to be able to go to the terrain of the attacker.

so if josh can't land and ryuune is on land... it won't work.

Ahh, so that's why. Yeah, Lune was on land and Josh can't land on Geant Chevalier, while Seolla was in the air. That explains it, thanks.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#62Azure_lKitePosted 2/6/2013 5:37:40 PM
So here I am again, this time with a...Non-gameplay question:

You can't unlock Wings of Legend on the library or for battle BGM? Because I didn't find it on my songlist. Naturally I have done the true ending path already,
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#63GxgearPosted 2/7/2013 2:51:56 AM
Couple questions:

1) What should I spend PP on, stats or skills? I'm leaning towards skills and could use some advice on which ones to pick up.

2)Unit upgrade, balanced upgrade or offensive/defensive focus?

3)Does your funds & PP accumulate over time? I know that you get 50% 75% 100% in subsequent playthroughs, but what I meant was A. Do your spent upgrades/points carry over and B. Do the carried-over resources include the ones beyond just the previous playthrough (ie. on your 3rd run, does the 75% carried from the 2nd run include the 50% from the first).
#64AltairionPosted 2/7/2013 7:25:47 AM(edited)
I by no means do this the "right" way, but this is my hierarchy for skill setups.

Continuous Action. First skill for EVERY offensive pilot, except Ing for obvious reasons. Following that, E/B Save. Following that Concentration. If you have any extra space, I'd consider Attack Again or SP Up.

For characters that really need it (Rim comes to mind) I get them Hit & Away first. If you use battleships a lot, I'd suggest it for them too. Otherwise, I grab the resupply ability for my resuppliers (battleships, Excellence), and following that Concentration + A lot of levels of SP Ups for all support characters.

Once I run through all the skill slots and whatnot, I'll get certain terrain ranks up to max. Starting with land (or if flight is enabled Air) and then space. THEN I'll focus on their (usually) one attacking stat.

For mech upgrades, I take a pretty unconventional method to this. I find which mechs I like them first, and FUB them. Then I go through my mech list of mechs I like/find useful/need it (in that order) and FUB them. I don't touch weapons until I've FUB'd every unit I've wanted to (so pretty much near the end of the game for a full playthrough.

That's not really useful or smart, I think. If you're having trouble I'd recommend upgrading mobility and accuracy on the mechs that need it, and armor/hp/accuracy on others that need it. Energy for mechs that spam energy-based attacks, of course.

And yes, PP/Funds include anything you've spent. One trick to maximize profit is to sell all of your parts before the final battle. For one, it gives you a lot more room to upgrade, and two it gives you much more money going into run #2.

---
#65GxgearPosted 2/7/2013 10:30:24 AM
Altairion posted...
I by no means do this the "right" way, but this is my hierarchy for skill setups.

Continuous Action. First skill for EVERY offensive pilot, except Ing for obvious reasons. Following that, E/B Save. Following that Concentration. If you have any extra space, I'd consider Attack Again or SP Up.

For characters that really need it (Rim comes to mind) I get them Hit & Away first. If you use battleships a lot, I'd suggest it for them too. Otherwise, I grab the resupply ability for my resuppliers (battleships, Excellence), and following that Concentration + A lot of levels of SP Ups for all support characters.

Once I run through all the skill slots and whatnot, I'll get certain terrain ranks up to max. Starting with land (or if flight is enabled Air) and then space. THEN I'll focus on their (usually) one attacking stat.

For mech upgrades, I take a pretty unconventional method to this. I find which mechs I like them first, and FUB them. Then I go through my mech list of mechs I like/find useful/need it (in that order) and FUB them. I don't touch weapons until I've FUB'd every unit I've wanted to (so pretty much near the end of the game for a full playthrough.

That's not really useful or smart, I think. If you're having trouble I'd recommend upgrading mobility and accuracy on the mechs that need it, and armor/hp/accuracy on others that need it. Energy for mechs that spam energy-based attacks, of course.

And yes, PP/Funds include anything you've spent. One trick to maximize profit is to sell all of your parts before the final battle. For one, it gives you a lot more room to upgrade, and two it gives you much more money going into run #2.

Thanks, could you clarify your answer for my last question, 2nd part? In regards to resources that's been carried over being eligible for the one after your current playthrough. So it'll just keep snowballing until you have enough to max everything provided you've played enough times?
#66Shale0Posted 2/7/2013 10:48:35 AM
Yes, the carryovers will snowball. If you finish the game and carry 10 million credits over to the next run, you'll get 75% of that, in addition to the money you actually earn from killing enemies, for your third.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#67Azure_lKitePosted 2/8/2013 2:32:51 AM
Azure_lKite posted...
So here I am again, this time with a...Non-gameplay question:

You can't unlock Wings of Legend on the library or for battle BGM? Because I didn't find it on my songlist. Naturally I have done the true ending path already,

So... Does anybody knows? :v
---
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#68RyaldecoPosted 2/11/2013 12:48:54 PM
I got to play a bit this weekend and got up to mission 24, and I've got to ask. What the heck are the Youkijin supposed to be? I've never seen anything so crazy! I spent some time looking them up on akurasu, curious if there was any explanation or description of what they are. I remember fighting some weird stuff in OGG, but this takes the cake. I mean, a clove of garlic tied off with wings, running and flapping like a chicken to barf on you, or dance around on your head before leaping into the air to expand into what looks like a giant butt to squash you... that's the freakiest thing I've ever seen in any game! I'm not sure I want to know if there's any larger, freakier boss versions of whatever this race of creatures is.
#69Vash22020202020Posted 2/11/2013 5:25:59 PM
The Youkijin are essentially demons that used to terrorize ancient man and are the enemies of the four Choukijin.

I *think* they're based on Chinese mythology. They got some freaky stuff over there.

Still, the Youkijin are small beans compared to TouTetsuOu.
---
A new study shows happy people live 35% longer lives. Oh yeah, well unhappy people's lives SEEM longer.
#70RyaldecoPosted 2/12/2013 3:48:09 PM
Altairion posted...

I have a question about this method of upgrading mechs. On a first run, roughly how many mechs do you think you can FUB by the end of the game? I'm pretty sure you can't FUB the entire field by the time you reach the final maps. I'm sure mileage will vary, but assuming I annihilate everything on every map I'm allowed to, only have a few early game bosses get away, forget to use Fortune before finishing a boss half the time, and never grind any stages with game overs, how many do you think I could FUB if I never spent any money on weapons?