So, the game's sales...

#11jonnovision1Posted 1/25/2013 4:03:10 PM
superobo4ever posted...
it will be funny when srw UX beats this game sales wise :P

I'm thinking it'll be around the same, OG probably lost sales from the people that don't like the idea of the Original Generation sub-series, while UX is on a region-locked system lowering import sales.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#12Azure_lKitePosted 1/25/2013 4:06:35 PM
Damn, I'm baffled that this game didn't meet the expectations.

It has so much work put into it... Now they go and give us a game with DS level graphic fidelity. What's funnier is that it's very likely to sell more too... I mean, gaming is not all about graphics but damn. These guys need to be supported for their work.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#13Vash22020202020Posted 1/25/2013 4:23:58 PM
Why does this hurt so much... Goddammit.
---
A new study shows happy people live 35% longer lives. Oh yeah, well unhappy people's lives SEEM longer.
#14OmegaShinkaiPosted 1/25/2013 5:11:31 PM
it will be funny when srw UX beats this game sales wise :P

It will be funny when UX is an awful game.
---
"When Garland knocks you down you're going to ****ing stay down." - __Skye__
#15Vash22020202020Posted 1/25/2013 6:03:22 PM
Wait, wait. I've climbed off my roof and I've thought about it, we have to remember that 2nd OGs came out right at the end of 2012. In one month it's already gotten more than 245,000 sales according to Media Create. SRWZ2 Saisei Hen came out in April and had all year to spread to 344K+. In one month, 2ndOGs did more than 2/3 or what Saisei Hen did in nine months, and nearly half what Z2 Hakai Hen did in TWO years.

Not exactly an amazing number compared to more mainstream games but that's a fairly standard number for Super Robot Wars sales. I doubt it'll catch up to recent monsters like OGs and Z1 and will probably peak at 340K or something by the end of 2013.

It's not a smash by any means, but it's not a flop at all either given the genre. C+, B- if you wanted to grade its sales. HUMOR ME DAMMIT!!

...I need my pills.

Source:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Sales_Data
Updated 1/25, Media Create stops tracking games once they drop off the top 30 while Famitsu tracks longer. And VGChartz numbers if you want a laugh.
---
A new study shows happy people live 35% longer lives. Oh yeah, well unhappy people's lives SEEM longer.
#16Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 1/26/2013 12:23:51 AM(edited)
In one month, 2ndOGs did more than 2/3 or what Saisei Hen did in nine months, and nearly half what Z2 Hakai Hen did in TWO years.

Japanese games sales don't work like that. Games like SRW, especially SRW sell most of their lifetime numbers during the first week. OG2nd is not an exception nor are both Z2s. Where OG2nd sold about 250k in a month, Saisei-hen sold about 308k and Hakai-hen sold about 346k.

After the initial week, weekly sales drop off the cliff. Only the super popular titles such as Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter can keep on selling good average numbers for months on end and sometimes even sell more than it's initial week. The only exceptions are games that are just starting to find their popularity such as Inazuma Eleven 2 or Tousouchuu: Run For the Money, those games can last damn long on the sales charts as well. I'm not saying most games don't sell after falling off the charts, but since they're not on the charts, the numbers must be small.
---
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain
#17Vash22020202020Posted 1/26/2013 3:11:41 PM
I told you to humor me, blast you! Just let me have this!
---
#18ssjfozzPosted 1/27/2013 8:16:11 PM
What about profit on an OG game though? I'd imagine they'd make more profit per copy sold of an OG than a non-OG game since they don't have to pay any licensing rights. Unless licensing rights are just a flat fee to start and not based off of sales.
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#19Shaded_PhoenixPosted 1/27/2013 9:37:29 PM
Depends on who you're contracting with, and what your expected sales are. I'm not so sure that they're 30% of total revenue... but they might be.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#20Mellow_RGPosted 1/28/2013 10:33:22 AM
you don't see Layton on the charts either

maybe it was just the economy

//
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390