THE "perfect" roster for a SRT game for you.

#1blazerMFTPosted 1/27/2013 11:11:47 PM
Well, probably has been done to death, this topic, but seeing as we have yet to see a proper SRT entry for the PS3, we can certainly dream, can we?

To start:

Old school Mazins (Z, Great, Grendizer)
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser SKL
Getter Robo (First gen and G)
Getter Robo Armageddon
Dancouga
Dancouga Nova
Koutetsu Jeeg
Koutetsu Shin Jeeg
Gaiking
Legend of Daiku Maryu
Choudenji Voltes V
Choudenji Combattler V
Tosho Daimos
Yusha Raideen
Zambot 3
Daitarn 3 (although I hate his BGM Come Here! Daitarn 3 with a passion! >_<)
Goshogun
Golion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Yusha o GaoGaiGar
Chojushin Gravion
The Big-O
Danguard Ace
Dangaioh
Neon Genesis Evangelion (if possible Rebuild version)
RahXephon
Ideon
Gunbuster
Aura Battler Dunbine
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
All U.C. Gundams
G Gundam

It's a long list I know, and "old-school" heavy, but maybe we can cross our fingers and hope that sometime, our wet-dream SRT game will come to reality. With lots of space to play around in a BD-ROM, there should be enough resources to re-imagine our favorite mech animes, and not just re-draw them in HD.

I would like to also see them innovate on the squad system. @3's was great but let's hope for something new.

It's also about time we get a game with 100 Scenarios or something. ^_^

In any case, have fun and post.
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#2Knux19Posted 1/28/2013 12:04:21 AM
I would like to also see them innovate on the squad system. @3's was great but let's hope for something new.

They've done this. It was refined into the Tri Formation System in Z (which allowed formation changes with varying strengths and weaknesses) and it's streamlined further in the Twin System of console OG titles.
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#3reddeviluaePosted 1/28/2013 12:13:27 AM
Mazinkaiser
Great Mazinger
Mazinger
Grendizer
Shin getter
Shin getter Dragon
Shin jeeg
Machine robo
Zeorymer
Daimos
Combatler V
Voltes V
Ideon
Gunbuster
G Gundam
Genesic GaoGaigar
Tetsujin
Evanglion
Raideen
Dancouga
Daitarn 3
Zambot 3
Godmars
Rahxephon
Gaiking the Great
Tetsujin 28
Big O
Black selena
#4qu3z3r0Posted 1/28/2013 2:02:33 AM
blazerMFT posted...
Well, probably has been done to death, this topic, but seeing as we have yet to see a proper SRT entry for the PS3, we can certainly dream, can we?

To start:

Old school Mazins (Z, Great, Grendizer)
Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser SKL
Getter Robo (First gen and G)
Getter Robo Armageddon
Dancouga
Dancouga Nova
Koutetsu Jeeg
Koutetsu Shin Jeeg
Gaiking
Legend of Daiku Maryu
Choudenji Voltes V
Choudenji Combattler V
Tosho Daimos
Yusha Raideen
Zambot 3
Daitarn 3 (although I hate his BGM Come Here! Daitarn 3 with a passion! >_<)
Goshogun
Golion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Yusha o GaoGaiGar
Chojushin Gravion
The Big-O
Danguard Ace
Dangaioh
Neon Genesis Evangelion (if possible Rebuild version)
RahXephon
Ideon
Gunbuster
Aura Battler Dunbine
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
All U.C. Gundams
G Gundam

It's a long list I know, and "old-school" heavy, but maybe we can cross our fingers and hope that sometime, our wet-dream SRT game will come to reality. With lots of space to play around in a BD-ROM, there should be enough resources to re-imagine our favorite mech animes, and not just re-draw them in HD.

It's also about time we get a game with 100 Scenarios or something. ^_^

In any case, have fun and post.

you'll have to choose one or the other for getter coz they use the same 3 main guys

I want a remake of SRW F where it went G Gundam vs Gundam Wing.

To many ppl like wing. I want G to shut em up ^_^
#5DemiseEndPosted 1/28/2013 4:00:12 AM
Put SRW W roster here and update the units
Add some gundams
Ex: (CCA Gundams, maybe Turn A, maybe Unicorn)
Add some supers
Ex: (Dancouga, Nova, Manga Getter Go)
For re-made of classics, simply mix and match with the old version

Sorry, it just happen than W has near perfect roster(Go Lion <3)
Lazy typing ftw
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6werasdzxcPosted 1/28/2013 4:52:59 AM(edited)
One thing I'll never be satisfied with about SRW is the length.

Sometimes it might take too many scenarios to get certain upgrades/units, some characters and secrets join too late, etc.

It'd probably be around 65 scenarios at most for me.
---
Speedwagon withdraws coolly.
#7SazukeEXPosted 1/28/2013 7:38:37 AM(edited)
Mazinkaizer SKL
Change!! Shin Getter Robo: The World's Last Day
Beast Machine Attack Dancougar Nova
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The End of Evangelion
Aoki Ryusei S.P.T. Layzner
Hades Project Zeorymer
Demonbane
GunXSword
RahXephon
Gunbuster
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack(Legit CCA, and I want Chan playable with Love Level 3 with Amuro and amazing Support Spirit Commands)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2(Altered ending, no more dumb Black Knights, Lelouch living, and a happy Kallen with Lelouch)
Banpresto Originals(Hotblooded Female Character in Super Robot REQUIRED)

Earth Route splits will generally be...

Mazinkaiser SKL
Change!! Shin Getter Robo: The World's Last Day
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The End of Evangelion
Hades Project Zeorymer
GunXSword
RahXephon
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
Banpresto Originals

Space Route splits will generally be...

Beast Machine Attack Dancougar Nova
Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Aoki Ryusei S.P.T. Layzner
Demonbane
Gunbuster
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Banpresto Originals
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#8Sans PantsPosted 1/28/2013 7:56:51 AM
Mazinkaiser OVA
Shin Getter Armageddon (or...whatever; Shin Dragon's no longer a battleship and you can switch the younger Getter team back into Shin, like in D)
Linebarrels of Iron
Fafner of the Azure (they're both in UX, but I don't have and don't really need a JP 3DS)
CCA+MSVs and stuff (for the Hi-Nu, Nightingale, and stuff), Unicorn, Crossbone (AU version where Char's Zeon allies with your guys and fights The Sleeves, kinda like in D, and the Crossbone baddies are there to give the game more space stages)
UFO Robo Grendizer
Metal Armor Dragonar (like in MX, where you got Maillot's goons and Min)
Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar
Blue Comet SPT Layzner

The battleships would be the Gundoll, Ra Cailum, and Mother Vanguard. Marida would be a secret, but you'd get her around the midpoint. I set up the game with some space-heavy series so that the game wouldn't be mostly locked-down on Earth. You'd also do a bunch of the series conclusions at once because of all the enemies on the moon (which is Ground/Space, not Ground/Air). Maillot, his goons, and Min would join before the Dragonar conclusion, probably 12 stages from the end.

I'm not good at designing original robots do not steal, but the final stage would take place on the moon. It'd be a single-unit game. No twins, no tri, no squad. There'd be (farmable) PP, SP Regen, Attacker, unique ace bonuses, a 15-upgrade mode, no horrible dearth of parts drops, non-understaffed enemies (start at about 12, and then gradually go up to around 75-80), a reason to use pilot assignment (I set Char's Zeon as allies so you could get some extra NTs, Banagher wouldn't be locked to the Unicorn, but the Unicorn would be locked to him, etc). The Death Gale Squadron from Crossbone would join automatically once their story's done (they don't die, and Rosemary and Gilly are part of the team in 7 of Steel). Crossbone would be kind of the "mid-game" series conclusion, with Dogatie as the "now use what you've learned" boss.

Valor would not be learned in the 50s (i'd split the difference and say early/mid-30s), but your levels would go up into the 60s (you'd start at 10). SP wouldn't suck. The growth would be more steady. Everyone would have six spirits. There would in fact be female characters with Soul.

I suppose the only thing I can say about the originals is that the male and female main would be siblings, they'd have a combo attack, and the midseason upgrade would be a two-form transformer that can split back up. You can set their spirits sets on NG+.

That was a mouthful! I'm sorry!
#9EvilLeonardPosted 1/28/2013 3:06:25 PM
Main Plot Series:

-Martian Successor Nadesico/PoD (fix the PoD ending and Gai survives by default)
-RahXePhon (Wasn't the biggest fan of the actual TV series, but it's a nice mix of 'real' and 'super' robots, the characters have potential, and its particular spin on an 'alien inavsion' plot goes well both with SRW in general and Eva in particular)
-Gunbuster
-Layzner
-Mobile Suit Gundam

Support/Secondary Series:
-Evangelion (Rebuild, as I like Mari as a fourth pilot better than Toji and the potential for an Eva battleship is awesome)
-Full Metal Panic!
-Shin Mazinger (with a continuation of the plot to wrap things up/feature the Great characters)
-G Gundam
-08th MS Team (because I'd like more perspectives on the events of MSG than those of a bunch of pressganged teenagers)
-0080: War in the Pocket (see above)
-Gekiganger III (yes, as an actual series)
-TTGL (caps off at Lordgenome's defeat, no universe-sized mech shenanigans here)

Main battleships will be the Nadesico and White Base, with the potential to get the AAA Wunder from Eva Q later on and the Exelion from Gunbuster for certain space segments. Route splits will see the Nadesico dealing more so with the alien side of things while the White Base crew becomes more involved in human politics.

Main plot will be your standard SRW stuff. The Earth Federation expy and Zeon expy of whatever Gundam series is featured are at war, simultaneously alien invaders threaten, a band of intrepid heroes rises to fight them, and eventually humanity works together to repel the alien menaces (with the threat of Gunbuster plowing its way through a few Zeon colonies to convince the otherwise rather bullheaded Zeon leadership, perhaps).

Also, Gekiganger III gets in as an actual series through dimensional rift shenanigans or something because the idea of the Nadesico crew interacting with real, live Gekiganger characters (who come from a universe where *Nadesico* is the TV show) is comedy gold.
#10shuist123Posted 1/28/2013 6:42:48 PM
Hope all these three mechs shows up in the next srw game not too concerns on others.

Dancouga
Shin Getter
Billbine

I bunched Shin Getter in @3 since it doesn't have an all attack.