Series that you will think work work so well together.

#1balkj06Posted 1/31/2013 1:58:31 AM
Want Series do you think would work really well together plot-line wise.
or would be very interesting, on how the plot would be developed.

Example.

Dancougar Nova - likes to prolong Conflict.
Gundam 00 Season 1 - likes to end Conflict.

I think these Plot's would go together nicely, I am surprised they haven't been done yet.
----------------------

Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion - The Black Knights aims to liberate Japan from Britannia.
Guilty Crown - The Undertakes aims to liberate Japan from the GHQ
Full Metal Panic! - Mithril tries to prevent a WW3.
Uchuu Senshi Baldios - Would conflict will all the FMP sc-fi stuff,
(and perhaps the Guilty Crown setting.)

It would be nice to have the FULL story of Full Metal Panic.
I don't see Mithril teaming up with the Black Knights or Undertakes.
Or Undertakes and Black Knights teaming up.
But I do see them teaming up with Amalagam.
And Amalagam, would team up with the S-1.

Without spoiling FMP or Baildos.
Baildos plot would pretty much change the meaning of "Black Technology". Because you have the people of S-1, with their Technology.

And the Whispered would be able to communicate to the people of S-1.

On the other hand, Souske and Lelouch, who will discover their identity first.
And in regards to Kaname, I think Lelouch or Guy will try and kidnap her.

---------------------

Zone of the Elders - pretty much a war between Earth and Mars.
Daitarn 3 - Meganoids, people from Mars who which to turn Earthlings into Meagnoids.
Martian Successor Nadesico - War against the Jovain Lizards, who are from Mars.

Um.... If I was born on Mars what do I do.
A) Become a Meganoid or Jovian Lizard and fight against the Earth or
B) Put up with the racism I am getting from the Earthlings, hoping it will end some day.
C) Go fight Earthlings.

I am pretty sure the final stage will be a Mars.

---------------------

- Mazinger Z Vs Deviman
- Getter Robo Vs Deviman
- Mazinger Angles - Mazinger Angels vs Devilman (Chapter 21 to 23)
- Devilman

I really wish to know, why this hasn't been done yet.
It will have the Devil Getter + Koji and Sakaya doing a Double Burning Fire.

----------------------

Digimon Adventure: Our War Game - Virus that tries to destroy/take over the world via the internet.
Summer Wars - Virus that tries to destroy/take over the world via OZ.

Not only that the plot-lines are very. very similar.
Yes, I know they are neither a mecha, but you never know.

---------------------

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - War is replace with battles on Earth.
Zoids New Century Zero - War is replace with battles on Earth.

poor, poor, Earth.

----------------------

you know what I think those 15-20 Series would work really together in a SRW game.
#2AngelWingZeroXPosted 1/31/2013 5:35:44 AM
Quick not, the Jovian Lizards aren't from Mars, they're from Jupiter - hence the term Jovian. The Martian Successors only call themselves that because they base themselves on Mars where the cube was found and replaced.

Series that would go well together: Nadesico and Gundam AGE. Yes AGE sucked, but Nadesico's time traveling with the TCs would work to connect series with time skips like that. Gaogaigar, Tekkaman Blade, Macross, early and later Gundam and Gunbuster/Diebuster would also fall into this slot.
#3180223Posted 1/31/2013 5:37:13 AM
AngelWingZeroX posted...
Series that would go well together: Nadesico and Gundam AGE. Yes AGE sucked, but Nadesico's time traveling with the TCs would work to connect series with time skips like that. Gaogaigar, Tekkaman Blade, Macross, early and later Gundam and Gunbuster/Diebuster would also fall into this slot.

Don't forget Rebuild of Eva and Gurren Lagann.
#4theonedalekPosted 1/31/2013 10:08:07 AM
Dunbine/ WIngs of Rein and Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu since both worlds are meant to be beneathe the surface of the earth.

On a side note how do they handel La Gias and Byston Well when they apeard together were they the same world or on diferent levels or somthing.
#5Shaded_PhoenixPosted 1/31/2013 11:02:31 AM
AngelWingZeroX posted...

Eh... I don't like shoehorning timelines like that. It's just a bit too much bull**** for me. Glossing over time differences, like with Tekkaman in W is fine, as are time mess-ups like with Macross in Z. Heck, using it to throw in some guest characters who are supposed to be dead or otherwise not present... why not?

But the entire cast literally traversing years or decades into the future... a lot of series without timeskips could be severely affected in very undesirable ways. A game with Gunbuster, having a fight in the centre of the universe against millions of STMCs, that destroys 80% of the galaxy, smack dab in the middle of the game... then going back to Earth, with a phenomenally weaker Buster Machine fighting MP Buster Machines, then getting it's ass handed to it by a single STMC? There are pacing issues there. Trying to have Gunbuster and Diebuster run concurrently is even worse - most of Diebuster's plot is dependent on not having any idea what happened in Gunbuster, as well as taking place afterwards. They aren't disconnected.

There's a simpler solution for Gunbuster. Gunbuster is returning to Earth under it's own power. It is canon that Gunbuster returns to Earth with a healthy Noriko and Kazumi after Diebuster. By altering the time difference by a fraction of a percent, Gunbuster can reappear at any point in Diebuster's timeline that you want it to, with the only concern being that you do not want Noriko in range of Nono before she remembers what a Nonoriri is. And at this point, Gunbuster is all busted up and working on one engine, making a believable case for why Gunbuster isn't soloing STMCs with both hands tied behind it's back. Heck, say that Jung wasn't willing to flee, and we have the entire cast, minus one battleship.

The Rebuild and Gurren Lagann stuff only works if no one without a time skip appears before the time skip. Having Mazinger Z missing for 10 or 15 years, smack dab in the middle of an invasion by Dr Hell, when Kouji is absolutely vital to stopping Dr Hell from getting his hands on Photon Power... It doesn't make much sense. On the other hand, getting Tetsuya 10 years before the start of Dr. Hell's invasion is potentially possile. The point being that these series would all be running in "prologue mode".

balkj06 posted...
It would be nice to have the FULL story of Full Metal Panic.
I don't see Mithril teaming up with the Black Knights or Undertakes.
Or Undertakes and Black Knights teaming up.
But I do see them teaming up with Amalagam.
And Amalagam, would team up with the S-1.

I don't understand your logic here, whatsoever. Amalgam? The Black Knights are only technically referred to as terrorists, and Lelouch has a grim view of the sort of business that Amalgam gets up to. And by grim, I mean "murderous". Shu is not any more interested in that sort of thing then Lelouch is, even if he's a touch more spineless about it.

If anything, the issue is that Mithril is entirely incompetent - Britannia repeatedly invades and conquers other nations, actions which Mithril is supposed to be trying to stop. Either Mithril is an EU anti-Britannian initiative and thus on the same side as Lelouch and Shu, or they're on the Britannian party line, which is against their characterisation. Though if Code Geass is not involved at all, then Mithril and Undertaker would indeed be at odds... up until the first massacre.

Plus... It's not as if Tessa and Lelouch had issues in ACE: R.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#6balkj06(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:52:23 PM
AngelWingZeroX

I thought it was the over a way around
They are from Mars but based themselves in Jupiter.
Still, it would still work well with Zone of the Elders.

In regard to Gundam Age, In am quite sure it is safe to say these will get in, because of the 25 or 50 year timeslip, and keeping past units.

Steel Jeeg > Koutetsushin Jeeg (50 years)
Gundam Crossbone > Gundam Crossbone Ghost (25-ish years)
Zeorymer > Zeorymer Omega (25 years)
Digimon Adventure 02 > Digimon Adventure 02 Final Ep. (25 years)
Transformers (Any series really where the characters do no age)

But their will be no Koji Kabuto, Amuro, perhaps Ryoma. So I don't know if it will be any good.

theonedalek
They have never been in the same game before, they where both in the Alpha Timeline however.

Shaded Phoenix
I agree with you, however series running in "prologue mode" is not bad.
They may not even get any plot at all.
like Macross DYRL in SRW 2nd scramble Commander

So, are you saying Lelouch doesn't want a world with no Britannia, and Nunnally living a better life, with her eye slight.
Also the Taros event happen 18 years ago.
Britannia calming Area 11, happen 11 years later.
makes sense Taros, is the reason of Brirannia rise to power and the Knightmare's they obtained.

Lelouch would have a lot more power to stop Britannia if he he joins Amalgam.
He may decline the offer. But it would change he view of them as "murderous", since like him want to make the world a better place.

Mithril will be on the side of Britannian. Why would it be against their characterisation.

I haven't played ACE: R, but I do know all the plot happens in their own worlds.
#7theonedalekPosted 1/31/2013 3:12:06 PM
balkj06 posted...
AngelWingZeroX

I thought it was the over a way around
Still, it would still work well with Zone of the Elders.

Akito was from mars and the jovians attacked mars. How did you completley miss one of the most important plot points of the series?

and stop trying to put Digimon in it can only be considerd mecha by a huge stretch of the imagination.
#8balkj06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:09:13 AM
--theonedalek--
I have no idea.
and what is so bad about Digimon?
#9180223Posted 2/1/2013 5:00:14 AM
balkj06 posted...
--theonedalek--
I have no idea.
and what is so bad about Digimon?

Its not mecha so by right, it should not have anything to do with SRW games.
#10Shaded_PhoenixPosted 2/1/2013 7:39:50 AM(edited)
balkj06 posted...
So, are you saying Lelouch doesn't want a world with no Britannia, and Nunnally living a better life, with her eye slight.
[...]
Lelouch would have a lot more power to stop Britannia if he he joins Amalgam.
He may decline the offer. But it would change he view of them as "murderous", since like him want to make the world a better place.

Except we know that Lelouch would never consider taking that offer, and would not think well of Amalgam. He's very self-righteous, judgemental, and idealistic (even if he doesn't always keep to those ideals, himself). Because of that, he refuses to join with the JLF, or the Chinese Federation during their invasion attempt, and gets them either killed or captured by Britannia. That Amalgam wants to make the world a better place comes a distant second to the fact that Lelouch would never trust those people with any position of power. Gauron alone would sour Lelouch from the idea. Not to mention that the TARTAROS is relatively similar to Charles' Ragnarok Connection, from the plot's point of view.

If Lelouch ever joins with Amalgam, it will only be as part of Zero Requiem, which is the same as trying to destroy Amalgam outright. It's the same idea as Lelouch joining together with Ribbons Almark. Their ideals and methodology are far too different to be resolved.

Of course, Lelouch was willing to take Kyoto House's money, but he was both trying to avoid it, and doesn't allow them to call the shots. I simply don't think he expects a bunch of accountants and investors to be responsible for the actions of a Japanese General who should know better.

theonedalek posted...
Akito was from mars and the jovians attacked mars. How did you completley miss one of the most important plot points of the series?

balkj06 posted...

No, you're both wrong. To a point.

The Jovian Lizards are former Moon-ians (Lunarians? Mooninites?), but after a rebellion (of independence, naturally) they were forced to flee to Mars and Jupiter after an assault by the Earth Forces. After being forced off of Mars, they're now left with Jupiter. Akito was part of a Martian colony that came many years after the Jovian Lizards were kicked out.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.