Whatever happened to planet killing attacks?

#1Nas25250Posted 2/2/2013 1:13:53 PM
One of the things that I really enjoyed about the first OGs was how some attacks were so devastating that they took out a planet or two along the way (or an entire solar system in some cases)

Don't get me wrong, this game still looks awesome.
but after what I saw in the previous games, I didn't get the threat that I was fighting something that might destroy earth if I didn't do something about it (Perfectio excluded)

or maybe I had Shuu use his final attack a bit too much back at gaiden >_>
#2VermilionXPosted 2/2/2013 2:12:17 PM
TBC still shoots through the galaxy and hits a few whatever space mass and destroys them.

garmraid's final move shoots through the earth.

personally, i think it's a bit much when there's too may of them. that said... i am fan of gurren lagann but prolly bec i've never seen anything that exaggerated before.
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg
#3blade_knight_v2Posted 2/2/2013 2:30:26 PM
This reminds me how dissapointed I was with the Forte Gigas attack animations. For such an annoying super robot to get, the animations make it seem only slightly better than the Grungust Kai. Meanwhile the Garmraid Blaze is blowing a hole in the planet with it's final attack. I guess Terminus Energy is much better than Res Arcana.
---
"Oh, come on. The worst that could happen is we all die!" ~Colonel Jade Curtiss, Third Division Malkuth Military (Tales of the Abyss)
#4Azure_lKitePosted 2/2/2013 3:16:16 PM
SRX HTBC blows up a sun.
Cybuster's Cosmo Nova causes a big bang.
Garmraid's Blaze Execution Raid goes through the planet.
Ex Exbein's BBC makes Ing go naked from the explosion intensity.
OuRyuuOu shoots a massive f****** beam that blows up a country or 2.
Gan Eden has a naked woman that turns into some evil dragon and shoots a huge ass laser that doesn't blow up a planet... Because you're not on the earth.
And the last boss spends like 2 minutes sending you across dimensions, destroying planets and shenanigans.
If that isn't overkill, I don't know what is. :V

Seriously speaking though, I miss Neo Granzon.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#5Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 2/2/2013 5:03:45 PM(edited)
This reminds me how dissapointed I was with the Forte Gigas attack animations. For such an annoying super robot to get, the animations make it seem only slightly better than the Grungust Kai.

They're better than what they originally were in D. Riot Buster was literally just combining the Figas and slashing the enemy with a flashing background. The fact that this game makes it seem like a combo attack between Ganador and Strega is very cool.
---
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain
#6Kraker2kPosted 2/2/2013 6:00:39 PM
SRX HTBC blows up a sun.
Cybuster's Cosmo Nova causes a big bang.
Garmraid's Blaze Execution Raid goes through the planet.
Ex Exbein's BBC makes Ing go naked from the explosion intensity.
OuRyuuOu shoots a massive f****** beam that blows up a country or 2.
Gan Eden has a naked woman that turns into some evil dragon and shoots a huge ass laser that doesn't blow up a planet... Because you're not on the earth.
And the last boss spends like 2 minutes sending you across dimensions, destroying planets and shenanigans.
If that isn't overkill, I don't know what is. :V

Seriously speaking though, I miss Neo Granzon.

+ Baran Schnile's final attack that causes a huge explosion on Earth.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k