Mechs that you hope get an animation overhaul in OG 3rd?

#1blade_knight_v2Posted 2/3/2013 4:26:31 PM
While OG 2nd was a good game I was really dissapointed that a majority of the cast simply had redone attack animations instead of new ones. There was a real clear difference between the mechs that took advantage of the 3D/Transitioning backgrounds and the ones that didn't and it was really jarring sometimes. An example would be the Altesien Reise and the Flickeri Geist. The Alt really doesn't move much in its animations aside from Aerial Claymore and simply looks outdated compared to the Geist that uses the Revolving Stake better than Kyosuke ever did.
---
"Oh, come on. The worst that could happen is we all die!" ~Colonel Jade Curtiss, Third Division Malkuth Military (Tales of the Abyss)
#2Shui GorPosted 2/3/2013 4:29:07 PM
blade_knight_v2 posted...
While OG 2nd was a good game I was really dissapointed that a majority of the cast simply had redone attack animations instead of new ones. There was a real clear difference between the mechs that took advantage of the 3D/Transitioning backgrounds and the ones that didn't and it was really jarring sometimes. An example would be the Altesien Reise and the Flickeri Geist. The Alt really doesn't move much in its animations aside from Aerial Claymore and simply looks outdated compared to the Geist that uses the Revolving Stake better than Kyosuke ever did.

---
"Epic Meal Time showing you how to make a REAL salad.....**** your lettuce."
3DS Friend Code: 5241-1905-4583
#3Kraker2kPosted 2/3/2013 4:40:30 PM
Its funny that you use Alteisen Rise when it's one of the mechs that had it's entire move set re-done.

But your latter point stands, I guess because of the delayed nature of the game they probably prioritised mechs that needed new attacks and mechs they could get away with just having attacks upscaled.

There's also the case of map events and use of the 3D Map engine, at first they use it quite well, but the more you play the game the more it just plays very simple as Intermission > Map > Attacks with little to no events taking place on the on the map.

I also don't get why we see the CGI movie of Aile Chevalier a few stages after we acquire the unit, usually for those we see them the first time a mech shows up - it would have been nice if they gave a few more of those. I was pleasantly surprised when they showed us one for the Earth sealing event but we got nothing for Perfectio or the Final Boss(es)

I like the game, but there are many points where Banpresto cheapened out and and skimped over various things.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#4Vincent_VincentPosted 2/3/2013 4:55:13 PM
Soulgain and Granzon
#5blade_knight_v2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:34:27 PM
I'm on my phone so I can't post with as much clarity as I would like.

As for Alt having most of its attacks redone. In reality only two of its attacks have been redone - bunker stake and aerial claymore. The gatling gun attack is still the same as it was in OGS and OGG, a simple bullet stream that is an overglorified M950 machine gun. The plasma horn only has an added camera rotation when Alt is in the air, otherwise it's essentially the same. The bunker stake is different but I think (probably a minority here) that it looked more powerful with the older animation because of how Alt bullcharges the enemy mech with thrusters blazing and how the camera does a close up with each stake drive to make it look more brutal before the Alt rips it out the mech. The claymore is the same, just a new motion animation before the ball-bearings come out. I wish it had a DK where the balls turn the mech into swiss cheese like before. The aerial claymore is top notch, nothing to say about it.
---
"Oh, come on. The worst that could happen is we all die!" ~Colonel Jade Curtiss, Third Division Malkuth Military (Tales of the Abyss)
#6reddeviluaePosted 2/3/2013 7:03:50 PM
thrudgelmir "wodan ymir" granzon and grungust type 0
#7AnothersoulPosted 2/3/2013 8:55:12 PM
blade_knight_v2 posted...
The plasma horn only has an added camera rotation when Alt is in the air, otherwise it's essentially the same.

The claymore is the same, just a new motion animation before the ball-bearings come out.

This is the word your are looking for TC. "variation" Otherwise if you really means those attacks are the same(especially when you use the word outdated) then...
#8BassGSnewtypePosted 2/4/2013 12:02:09 AM(edited)
Vincent_Vincent posted...
Soulgain and Granzon

This

For Granzon actually, I'd like to see the Prototype Shutaihou return.
Wishful thinking I know, but I'd like to see what they do for this attack after seeing Shutaihou in OG Gaiden.
---
Evil beware, we have waffles.
The Official Granveil pilot of the SRW OG 2nd Board
#9Shale0Posted 2/4/2013 8:35:49 AM
Pachinkokaiser. Copy-pasted animations from OGG and no DKs. Boooooo.

Also, if we are going to get the ART-series, ART-1 will probably get an overhaul to fit in, although it certainly doesn't look bad as is.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#10KirbyPKPosted 2/4/2013 9:05:53 AM
Armorlion really needs a new takeoff animation that isn't rotating the sprite 90 degrees and making smoke come out
---
Also known as Genow when he loses his password