Who here plays this game with little to no knowledge in Japanese?

#11InohakuPosted 2/7/2013 6:45:06 AM
*raises hand* :)

I've been playing following the menu guide here and akurasu translations. I have played Alpha and Alpha Gaiden before, but this time I didn't figure some new game features like the ability slots and twin system till well into the game. Now I'm at stage 52.

I've been waiting for this game for ps3 ever since the console was released. I'm actually quite surprised they waited soooo many years to release a SRW for PS3. Can't wait for the release of a PS3 SRW with the daddy Mazinger and the other classics!! :)

And of course thanks to all the people who invest their time and effort doing the translations for all of us who do not know japanese but loooove super robots, THANKS!!!!
#12Vash22020202020Posted 2/7/2013 2:24:48 PM
Ryaldeco posted...
Then OGG came out, and I had to get that. Since the story was completely new, I had to spend a little more time learning the names of the new characters and mechs. Had no clue what the heck was going on story wise. I actually still need to go back and see if I can find some translated story synopsis for OGG, as there wasn't really anything I noticed out at the time I was playing it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/942170-super-robot-taisen-original-generation-gaiden/faqs/54525

Kinda fuzzy translations using arguably outdated terminology but gets the job done. Just remember that the main villains are called "Shura" and not "Carnage". That's like a babelfish translation.
---
A new study shows happy people live 35% longer lives. Oh yeah, well unhappy people's lives SEEM longer.
#13ssjfozzPosted 2/7/2013 3:16:02 PM
Guess the really cool part about only playing the OG SRW games is that every single unit is new to you.

Though never playing the games that they each first appeared in you never get to see them at their most kick ass since originals tend to be about the best unit in every regular SRW game.
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#14RyaldecoPosted 2/7/2013 4:03:47 PM
Vash22020202020 posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/942170-super-robot-taisen-original-generation-gaiden/faqs/54525

Kinda fuzzy translations using arguably outdated terminology but gets the job done. Just remember that the main villains are called "Shura" and not "Carnage". That's like a babelfish translation.

Awesome, I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the link!

ssjfozz posted...
Guess the really cool part about only playing the OG SRW games is that every single unit is new to you.

Though never playing the games that they each first appeared in you never get to see them at their most kick ass since originals tend to be about the best unit in every regular SRW game.

I'd love to plow through the other games. I've picked up several others. But I tend to be really slow at playing these (and it's not a language barrier, even the localized OG games that Atlus brought over took me longer than most to play through), and I just don't have tons of time to play everything like I used to. I figure if I can only get some SRW time occasionally, I may as well stick with the OG games. As it stands now, I'm pretty much only hitting this game on Saturdays, and maybe a little on Sunday, so it's gonna be many weeks before I ever finish my first playthrough.

The non-OG games I've bought so far are Impact, @2, @3, and Z on PS2, W and K on DS, F for the Saturn, and a 3D one on Gamecube. I've dabbled with each of them for an hour or so, but never really committed to any of them. I gave @3 a serious attempt with some guides and translations, but after maybe 10 hours into it, I just felt kind of overwhelmed with that game, took a break from it, and never really came back. I dunno, when I tried @3, it almost felt like more work than play.

I've also snagged some fan-translated patched games, and haven't really tried those yet. @ Gaiden, I think, on PS, A Portable for PSP?, and a couple for SNES, 4 and I think the first elemental lord game. I just haven't taken the time to try them. So I figure pure OG games when I can play them, and if I ever find myself with more free time and no OG games left to play, then I'll try some of the other ones. When I come to these boards, I enjoy watching the discussions and debates of others about the characters and stories, and the various games they come from. I know I'm missing out on some really awesome stuff, but OG only is better than nothing!
#15RyaldecoPosted 2/18/2013 8:16:16 AM
Vash22020202020 posted...

Thanks for the link; I'm pretty sure that wasn't up in the OGG section when I played. I just finished reading it, and now I may have to give OGG another go. Thanks again!