Some Wasted Opportunities

#11SoulStealer_X2Posted 2/6/2013 7:11:03 PM
Well they're gonna shoot me for this... but... I do regret that they didn't give Lamia something extra to do to make up on her embarrassing performance in OG Gaiden, like maybe a CMOA or someone ridiculing on how much she sucked ass because of being captured by ODE shot down near dead and blah blah blah... then Lamia proves otherwise, or develop further from it. The best thing we got about ODE so far is...

*SPOILERS*

During Touma's finest moment when Kaoru Tomine boasted that LIOH system improves further on both GEIM and ODE, but then Touma surpasses it anyway. Not that I have something against Touma, but still...
---
Hey, maybe you should try looking for anime to watch. Hm...
THOU ART THEE ART THOU WATCH THE PERSONA 4 ANIME, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#12yipkingsuiPosted 2/6/2013 7:56:49 PM
I think the biggest wasted opportunity is Ashe.

This unit looks way cooler than its successor XXbein, and the game is missing a proper unit for Ryuto.
I was so hoping they can cough up Ashe after the XXbein parts arrived (much like R-blade custom), so Ryuto can mod it into Ashe Boxer and have combo attack with Rio's AM Gunner... but it didn't happen.
#13RamzaBWPosted 2/6/2013 9:15:23 PM
What thing that bugs me in the entire game is how you can not fight Luozorl even once since he has plot armor at all time

It's like the game is telling you if you want to fight me go play LOE or something. I am very pleased with the game overall but the ex part is definitely the weakest part of the game
#14kurimawtaktakPosted 2/6/2013 11:06:48 PM
Playable Guests maybe?
---
Overcome supremacy with a thunderclap, leap through walls of time, surpass limit and fate, breakthrough future with one chance, and burst with heart in mind.
#15180223(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:43:49 AM
kurimawtaktak posted...
Playable Guests maybe?

They were playable for only one stage in this game. Maybe they'll be permanent units in the next game.
#16kurimawtaktakPosted 2/7/2013 12:42:08 PM
180223 posted...
kurimawtaktak posted...
Playable Guests maybe?

They were playable for only one stage in this game. Maybe they'll be permanent units in the next game.

Yeah I meant permanently in this game.
---
Overcome supremacy with a thunderclap, leap through walls of time, surpass limit and fate, breakthrough future with one chance, and burst with heart in mind.
#17Sans PantsPosted 2/7/2013 1:21:25 PM
The Ryujinki was a wasted opportunity because of how little you get to use it if you don't take the Earth route. If you want to define the EX plot in terms of tropes, it's a "wacky wayside tribe". All it does is upgrade the Valsione and give us some LoE characters. Otherwise, not a single major enemy from that returns aside from a Volkruss appearance in the final stage, which you can completely-ignore because it doesn't move. The F Final plot felt too rushed, and you don't spend much time in space. I LIKE space stages. You don't have to worry about terrain aside from the occasional debris cluster. There's just not really any regeneration terrain in space stages in 3D SRWs because those things are, technically-speaking, (usually) "under" the map.

I love this game, but I really hope 3rd OGs or 2nd OGs Gaiden or something makes up for it. As far as "first try on the system" goes, it's better than W, MX Portable, Advance, or Impact, that's for damn sure.
#18superobo4everPosted 2/7/2013 2:12:23 PM
yeah those Guests were nice, I hope they return in future games and stay for longer stages.
---
SRW OG2nd getto!
#19ManstartPosted 2/8/2013 1:37:55 PM
introduce astranagun....Euzeth is there, another Ingram clone is there, now astranagun will probably be reduced to a cameo role when cobray is introduced....
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner
#20ManstartPosted 2/8/2013 1:52:21 PM
Introduce Selena. She can well be a spy for Gaia Saber or Gaspel.

Introduce more 4/F originals, put a couple in La Gias as summoned people, another couple in Gaia Saber.

sorry for the double post btw
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner