Question regarding different path

#1TheSL1ClubPosted 2/6/2013 4:54:12 PM
ok My question is can you play all the split routes in one playthrough? ie save at the mission that splits the path, play the 1st set, after completing it, go back to the split path missing and play the other path? Or do you have to play all path in 2 separate walkthroughs? Also what things carry over to NG+? like from hard to ex hard? thanks
#2Shale0Posted 2/6/2013 5:12:43 PM
You can do that, playing one file for one route and a different file for the other, but you'll have two separate files that can't be combined - you'd have to pick either one or the other to use as you continue in the game. You'll get credit for the achievements, though.

When you finish the game and save a clear file, you can load it to start a new game. You carry over money (50% of what you earned over the course of the game after one playthrough, 75% after your second, 100% after your third and all future runs), kills (50%/75%/100% again) and PP (all the PP you earned for your entire team is added up and averaged out, so everybody gets the same amount. Again, you get 50% back on the first run, then 75%, then 100%). This applies when you play EX-Hard, but in EX-Hard you can't actually spend money or PP, so the only thing you get to use is the extra kills, so you'll get ace bonuses earlier. Equippable parts and weapons do not carry over (but if you sell unused stuff for cash, that cash will carry over).
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#3TheSL1Club(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:25:40 PM
thx for the reply, I guess the best way to go about it is to play 2 separate playthroughs to get all the routes and SR points, then on the 3rd, play on ex hard, but since nothing is upgradable on ex hard, all the carry overs are kinda useless except kill counts?
#4Shale0Posted 2/6/2013 5:27:27 PM
The only point is to carry them over again into a later run - Special Mode, which lets you upgrade mech stats 15 times instead of 10, demands a lot of cash.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#5bloodcoastPosted 2/7/2013 3:55:15 AM
Just do Ex-Hard on the second run. I'm on it as my second run, and other than not being able to plow through enemies with continuous action/fully upgraded one man army, there's barely any increase in difficulty.