How come Elemental Lord of the Wind doesn't have any wind powers?

#1ssjfozzPosted 2/10/2013 10:50:55 PM
Yeah you can say he's fast like the wind, but he doesn't really have any wind related powers... does he?

Heck, he even has a firebird attack, really strange for wind lord. I may just be missing a lot about the explanation about him since i don't know a lot of the Masoukishin history.
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#2DemiseEndPosted 2/10/2013 11:03:53 PM
I think that's more because Cybuster is special

Also being technical every one of Cybusters attacks are the power from Sylphis, that being said Cyflash is the closest you can get

Tl;dr I completely agree with you
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3greeeedPosted 2/10/2013 11:42:24 PM
Speed = one of wind element power.
#4Kraker2kPosted 2/11/2013 4:03:16 AM
What's interesting to note is that Cybuster apparently wields all the elements in his magic.

If you look at the magic circles for Zamzeed(Earth), Gadess(Water), Granviel(Fire) - you can see that Cybuster's magic circle contains all of them plus 2 more for the sun and the moon. You'd think it would only be the wind element, but that's not the case.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#5VermilionXPosted 2/11/2013 7:38:35 AM
Ive always considered cyflash and cosmo nova wind.

Just bec of those light green swirly effect things lolz

On this game... ranbu no tachi also.has the same fx
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg
#6hawkeyes887Posted 2/11/2013 11:12:19 AM
I have never thought Cybuster as wind - based mech. If anything, it should be called " The elemental lord of cosmos" because it's attacks look nothing like wind at all. Cosmo Nova and Akashic Buster - I don't see anything connected to wind there.

Also, a wind-based mech with "A" in air unless it's in bird mode ?As far as I know, wind-based characters/mech/monsters in all kind of media (manga/games/literature...) always excel in airborne combat ( Meaning they have "S" in air ).

So yeah, I would be happy if someday Ban decide to retcon Cybuster's title into "The Elemental lord of Cosmos".
#7Mellow_RGPosted 2/11/2013 1:02:59 PM
Cybuster is special even when compared to the other Masoukishin

LOE2 implies that it might be a copy of an ancient machine

---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#8AnothersoulPosted 2/11/2013 4:10:55 PM
Guess that's how mech blessed by wind element going to live with. That other mech with wind element doesn't has any wind power either, right?
#9GurudaPosted 2/12/2013 1:32:39 PM
Most of the wind Masouki have more obviously wind-themed attacks but the elements themselves have always been kinda flexible. Look at the water-based Falk throwing tornadoes around.

And yeah, Cybuster is implied in RoEG to have been created by reverse-engineering an 'Elemental Emperor' from the last time Volkruss was around so it's an atypical machine anyways. It seems like the main concession to Cybuster's element is the whole 'fast and transforming' gimmick.
#10KazeKoichiPosted 2/15/2013 3:41:06 AM
hawkeyes887 posted...
Also, a wind-based mech with "A" in air unless it's in bird mode ?As far as I know, wind-based characters/mech/monsters in all kind of media (manga/games/literature...) always excel in airborne combat ( Meaning they have "S" in air ).".

Zeorymer of the Wind wants to have a word with you. "B" in air.
---
Puru: I want to play with balls again! Laura, let's take a bath together.
Laura (nervous): How come you're putting these two phrases together?