How come Elemental Lord of the Wind doesn't have any wind powers?

#11DemiseEndPosted 2/15/2013 4:37:20 AM
Zeorymer of the HEAVENS

Which make it even worse. At least Hyaku Shikki of the Gold has A in Air
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#12Vincent_VincentPosted 2/15/2013 4:44:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13RicemillsPosted 2/15/2013 5:17:26 AM
Zeorymer of the HEAVENS

Which make it even worse. At least Hyaku Shikki of the Gold has A in Air

reminds me of this 4-strips: http://www.dra-mata.com/manga/4koma/old/mx4k08.jpg
---
You have the right to remain silent, anything you post will be misquoted, then used against you.
#14SazukeEXPosted 2/15/2013 2:52:38 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
Cybuster is special even when compared to the other Masoukishin

LOE2 implies that it might be a copy of an ancient machine

An ancient Machine that used to be mass produced. Kinda ruins the novelty of it.

Cybuster needs to be trashed and a new Full Powered Possession Great Grand Cybuster MK.V should take center stage. The Cybuster just isn't top tier anymore and is showing its age.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#15KazeKoichiPosted 2/20/2013 3:38:27 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
Zeorymer of the HEAVENS

Which make it even worse.

Yeah, at least they made clear that "heaven" and "wind" are completely different elements. Which makes Zeorymer of the heaven an air unit in name only.
---
Puru: I want to play with balls again! Laura, let's take a bath together.
Laura (nervous): How come you're putting these two phrases together?
#16souPosted 2/22/2013 12:50:45 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Mellow_RG posted...
Cybuster is special even when compared to the other Masoukishin

LOE2 implies that it might be a copy of an ancient machine

An ancient Machine that used to be mass produced. Kinda ruins the novelty of it.

Cybuster needs to be trashed and a new Full Powered Possession Great Grand Cybuster MK.V should take center stage. The Cybuster just isn't top tier anymore and is showing its age.
Nah, Cybuster with possession can make it fight for 10 more years.
---
Currently Playing: Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OG, Shin Hokuto Musou
#17LegoTechnicPosted 2/24/2013 10:19:38 PM(edited)
If you ever watched Zeorymer, you'd know its "of the Heavens" actually represented its OVERWHELMINGLY DOMINANT POWER. KA-BOOM! The wind mech of Zeorymer was Lanstar of the Winds, piloted by Taiha. It was pretty much exactly what you'd expect a wind mecha to be like (fast, agile, and slim with the armor).

For Cybuster, the biggest reason its attacks aren't windy-themed is Masaki's simplicity in using prana in general. He's actually pretty uncreative at it, possibly due to his origin as someone who grew up outside of La Gias. Thusly, all of his attacks either involve sword arts (which come from his diligent personal training in physical practices) or gathering large masses of prana without creative form or application. For Akashic Buster he gathers a lot of prana around himself and then charges with it. For Cyflash he gathers a lot of prana and then lets it all loose as a big explosive release. For Cosmo Nova he gathers four masses of prana and then throws them. I think in one of the games he even charged his sword with prana and then used the sword to fling the energy away. All his other attacks are either strictly sword-arts capitilizing on the Cybuster's high innate speed and Masaki's amazing skills, or the caloric missle.

So it's not really that the Cybuster is incapable of wind attacks, it's just Masaki is bad at magic in general, which isn't really unexpected. It's ok though, because Cyfis likes him all the same.

And as for the A-in-air rank, why is this a surprise? Humanoid form is battle mode, and a differentiation had to be made to give "flight mode" its superiority. Bird form couldn't be SS in air, after all, so the Cybuster has routinely been treated like a Macross Valkyrie since its first appearance, with an A rank in air similar to the Valkyrie's battleoid form.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#18Folka_AlbarkPosted 2/25/2013 5:45:45 PM
Cybuster's design is mostly based off Dunbine, along with the magic bit. (SRW 2 was orginally supposed to have Dunbine which didnt happen, and was replaced by the Cybuster, in addition to the Valsion and the Granzon. It could very well be that the Cybuster was designed before they really knew what to do with it.
#19SteveO 528Posted 2/25/2013 7:43:23 PM
Dunbine units and Cybuster also had the same vernier animation and sound effect in F and Alpha 1. That was pretty neat.
---
"Brush away those tears underneath your mask!"
Segata Sanshiro...gone, but not forgotten.
#20VermilionXPosted 2/25/2013 8:01:29 PM
Im pretty sure huckebein in srw4 had the same booster as aura battlers.

Huckebein is pretty much a gundam... so i guess gundam 00 copied huckebein lolz... gn particles pretty much looks the same as aura battler thrusters.
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg