Trombe!

#1RyaldecoPosted 2/13/2013 12:04:51 PM
Is there any particular reason this song trumps all others in a game? I've only played OG games, but I assume this happens in other games as well. It always seems like:

generic nobody theme < mech theme < pilot theme < special attack theme < boss theme < TROMBE!!!

I have nothing against the song. I've been very amused in other games to be listening to an intense final boss theme as I attack with several units, and then have it broken when Ratsel attacks. But is there any kind of reasoning behind this? Is Elzam/Ratsel THE most badass person in the universe(s)? Just curious. Though I have to admit, I think I would have been a little disappointed if his theme didn't override everything in this game too.
#2superobo4everPosted 2/13/2013 12:09:50 PM
because its annoying! I believe Perfectio's theme > Trombe though.
---
SRW OG2nd getto!
#3KaneBlueriverPosted 2/13/2013 12:16:37 PM
Banpresto: Oh crap! We left a bug in the game!

People: Yay! Mr. Trombe is awesome! It overrides everything!

Banpresto: Hmm... People liked it. I guess we'll leave the bug alone as a joke.

More or less that's what happened.
---
Behold! Happy Robo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8p_eMBW2es
#4ssjfozzPosted 2/13/2013 12:39:56 PM
That started all the way back in OG1 on GBA i believe.

OG1 - bug/accident
OG2, OGS, OGG, 2ndOG - on purpose
---
Little kids driving carts downhill with hilarious results. Check at 1:08 for best crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HB0wyvXFeg
#5suchiuomizuPosted 2/13/2013 12:55:44 PM(edited)
OG2, OGS, OGG, 2ndOG - on purpose

Alpha 2 and 3 too (the only non-OG games to include him).
#6Shale0Posted 2/13/2013 1:07:10 PM
To elaborate: In OG1, Trombe! was classified as a boss theme, because Elzam started out as an enemy and nobody at Banpresto bothered to change the music to regular PC priority when he joins. And, it turns out, when you have a PC with a boss theme fighting a boss with a boss theme, the PC's theme wins. So Trombe! overrides everything. The meme stuck around and is now inseparable from Elz...er, Ratsel.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#7Kraker2kPosted 2/13/2013 1:52:16 PM
Though it seems for OG2nd they coded it so that a few BGMs cannot be overwritten.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#8orcus_snakePosted 2/14/2013 10:21:16 AM
Elz...er, Ratsel.
/////////

No, he will not shame the memory of Captain Daitetsu by pretending to be someone else.

*goes back to being Ratsel 2 seconds later*
---
"Warwick are you jungling"
"No I'm standing by the wolves because I miss my family"
#9Ryaldeco(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:55:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Makes sense. I thought it might have been some kind of running joke, but never thought it spawned from a bug.

His theme reigning supreme over all others never bothered me in itself. But I've always felt that, if his theme's going to out-boss a boss, then whatever mech he's piloting ought to have boss stats to match like 6 digit HP!
#10hawkeyes887Posted 2/14/2013 5:06:34 PM
Ryaldeco posted...
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Makes sense. I thought it might have been some kind of running joke, but never thought it spawned from a bug.

His theme reigning supreme over all others never bothered me in itself. But I've always felt that, if his theme's going to out-boss a boss, then whatever mech he's piloting ought to have boss stats to match like 6 digit HP!

Why bother with HP ? It's not like he'll ever get hit with his high eva stat and genius skill. He should have massive EN so we can spam his strongest attack endlessly.