i have srw w for ds. why should i play it?

#1VermilionXPosted 2/17/2013 4:37:28 PM
So i got it bec my sis gave me her ds and my bro gave me his srw w.

Anyway... ive tried before on nintendo portables but couldnt get over low animations and lack of voices. (Srw f, f final spoiled me ever since with voices)

I checked out the animation on w and its not too bad. So only the lack of voices is the barrier right now.

So what are some good pts to this game?

Thanks.
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg
#2DemiseEndPosted 2/17/2013 7:12:08 PM
Best OG character to date
Replay gave you alternate routes with remixed stages instead of yet another "pick othe route" routine
REALLY long especially by handheld standards
Good animation, perhaps the most fluid animation since RKO on GBA
GREAT music
Best Masquerade
Epic cast
Read Japanese for perhaps one of the most brilliant crossover stuff when it comes to using story essence as their core. This is the game that basically inspired the modern story
One of the best srw despite difficulty issue

Negative would be bugs. These bugs did not stop people from playing Z2-2 where a simmilar and as deadly effective bug exists both affecting money. And SP bug which need some foreknowledge and coincidence to use.... So.... Not that much of an issue

Difficulty is to put it simply surprisingly good at beggining, and has nice enough flow until part 2. To be exact the game is moderate at first, plenty at Part 1 finale, moderate at the start of part 2, and drop after Tekkaman Hiver is given to you. After this, maybe only like an ecounter with a specific og enemy is a challenge, and then there's the damned Ankoku Daishogun

Why yes, this game is separated in two parts

Stages with infinite reinforcements are prominent, including infamously infinite Wufei and Baron Ashura

There are A LOT of duel maps, IIRC W has the most amount of duel events out of any SRW including a last stand duel near the end of the game

I think its one of the srw where listing why you shouldn't play it is harder than why you should

Tl;dr its easy, only like R is easier and K if you abuse the hell out of the game. Still a must play SRW. Period.

All u nid to kno about W
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#3VermilionX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:24:23 PM
A lot of duel maps!!!?

I love duels!

I always want to duel bosses but it's almost impossible bec a lot of them are designed to be ganged up on.

Ill give it a shot.

Although once ny copies of hakai and saisei hen comes... ill prolly jump ship to those.

Thanks for your comprehensive input
---
#4DemiseEndPosted 2/17/2013 8:56:26 PM
There's like 3 one on one IIRC and one 3 on One duels

Its pretty massive of a spoiler but you can predict it by seeing the cast
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5superobo4everPosted 2/18/2013 8:48:26 AM
you should play it because its awesome! many stages and great story line. Many OP units, replaying the game to max upgrades is fun.
---
SRW OG2nd getto!
#6GarmraidPosted 2/18/2013 11:21:09 AM
The duel with masquerade always playing was my favorite.
#7SazukeEXPosted 2/18/2013 4:55:13 PM
Well, it's far better than K and a lot longer than L... And the main character is the best of the DS generation. L looks prettier though but it's overall not as good as W.

K should just be ignored as if it never happened.
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#8Devilman_AmonPosted 2/19/2013 10:51:28 PM
It has Voltron: Defender of the Universe (Golion)

along with GaoGaigar and Mazinkaiser

that's all you need to know
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9AlasterBPosted 2/20/2013 2:09:31 PM
A better question might be whether there are any reasons NOT to play it, and honestly I can't think of any. It's got an excellent series list, great integration of the various plotlines (including many fun cross-series moments), excellent original story and characters, and great animation for a handheld. Honestly, W is pretty much everything that SRW is about - compared to that, lack of voices really doesn't matter.

On a side note, I've recently been replaying this, and had totally forgotten about a certain long-haired pilot playing dress up. Cracked me up all over again. XD
---
~Alaster
#10VermilionX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:08:21 PM
damn!

it seems srw w is well regarded but i just got my Z2s in the mail today.

maybe i should play W 1st so as to not get spoiled by the quality of Z2s compared to W.
---