Why do some SRW fans consider the OG games 2nd rate or not "true" SRW games?

#21RockmanZeroEXEPosted 3/7/2013 5:23:35 AM
OG games aren't exactly for everyone, especially this one with its' new balance changes overall, which causes some people to think you can't rofl stomp apparently (which I disagree, it's so easy to do so, simply with an upgraded SRX). Among other things, they may not be familiar with all the games to get excited how the plot is handled. Or simply just aren't interested in ___ OG characters.

All in all it's personal preference. I just find it silly that people will say x and x, without finishing the game first >_>... Not that it doesn't help it's a hit or miss for the first 17 stages I guess for some people.

There isn't a really 2nd Rate or "true" SRW... if anything, I'd simply call SRW D, despite loving the story, a 2nd rate game... simply cause of that glaring glitch where Supers couldn't tank for anything. Still it's an SRW game, and I guess 2nd rate is wrong, just wasn't a perfect final product.

All in all, SRW games are SRW, and people will have preferences, especially if they got into the series at different time. There is no "true" SRW game, since all of them follow the same format and style.

2nd rate should come up more for glaring glitches,if anything else. Something that 2nd OG is pretty much almost free from other then 1 or 2 bugs.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#22SteveO 528Posted 3/7/2013 6:08:45 AM
simply cause of that glaring glitch where Supers couldn't tank for anything.

Not a glitch; the problem lies in every unit having similar base armor. I think they forgot to bump the armor scores up from the system they were using in R, because the enemies' weapons are quite a bit stronger in D, and you don't have more armor to compensate for it.

Regardless, you can still make supers tank just fine; you just have to put a bit more work into it.
---
"Brush away those tears underneath your mask!"
Segata Sanshiro...gone, but not forgotten.
#23code_kirinPosted 3/7/2013 6:21:36 AM
Azure_lKite posted...
The mechs are cooler, I love the characters/music and you're not forced to bench 90% of the female pilots. That said, I also love the main games and the feel you get from controlling Gundams, Mazingers and such.

So true...
#24KazeKoichiPosted 3/7/2013 7:10:21 AM
and you're not forced to bench 90% of the female pilots

Again, depends on a game.

Nadesico's cast is almost completely consist of females, and they are MVP. And how about Dancouga Nowa? In classic SRW timeline female pilots was much more useful then male ones for both Gundam and Mazinger units. In alpha, Kusuha is not "damsel in distress" (Bullet is). In Z2S, there are 3 female originals (4 if you count sub-pilot) and only 2 males. Not to mention you don't have to deploy Amuro (or some other dudes) if you don't like him, it's not like he is superglued to his Gundam or something.

On other hand, even in OG you better deploy some dudes, at least those that are required for combination attacks.
---
Puru: I want to play with balls again! Laura, let's take a bath together.
Laura (nervous): How come you're putting these two phrases together?
#25RockmanZeroEXEPosted 3/7/2013 8:52:04 AM
SteveO 528 posted...
simply cause of that glaring glitch where Supers couldn't tank for anything.

Not a glitch; the problem lies in every unit having similar base armor. I think they forgot to bump the armor scores up from the system they were using in R, because the enemies' weapons are quite a bit stronger in D, and you don't have more armor to compensate for it.

Regardless, you can still make supers tank just fine; you just have to put a bit more work into it.

While it's true, I thought it was more into the fact they didn't take Size into account either, but that's just me. And yes you did have to put more work to take Super along... Or make your supers somehow super dodge which was lulz. (rmbs back in the day when for fun he just pumped all evade stats in all Alpha 3 units and watch them dodge).
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#26DemiseEndPosted 3/7/2013 10:14:28 AM
KazeKoichi posted...
and you're not forced to bench 90% of the female pilots

Again, depends on a game.

Nadesico's cast is almost completely consist of females, and they are MVP. And how about Dancouga Nowa? In classic SRW timeline female pilots was much more useful then male ones for both Gundam and Mazinger units. In alpha, Kusuha is not "damsel in distress" (Bullet is). In Z2S, there are 3 female originals (4 if you count sub-pilot) and only 2 males. Not to mention you don't have to deploy Amuro (or some other dudes) if you don't like him, it's not like he is superglued to his Gundam or something.

On other hand, even in OG you better deploy some dudes, at least those that are required for combination attacks.

For the most part its still Males > Females though, although im not seeing how OG is ANY better on this part, considering Bullet >>>>> Kusuha in OG, and most female pilot being relatively worse for a lot of reason.

Although i can't deny some female units are pretty amazing, Blue Earth, Tekkaman Hiver, Tekkaman Aki(the fact that she is the third best Tekkaman, and having the best stats in the game is amusing), Lori Loru, Calvina, OG2 Ring, Radha, Leona, that temperamental blonde chick with a Gespenst etc is a good example

And D Armor coding were pretty fair. R in general is what i would call pretty bad. Yes, they give you Mazinger in 10-s. Yes Mazinger has the best damage in the game by far. Yes they have that made of win Mid Season Upgrade. Why they did not bother to make them alvailable MUCH later is beyond me

Not to mention Getter Poseidon being the best form, which is pretty amusing
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it