How did u get your Free Electron cannon?

#1ManstartPosted 4/1/2013 10:49:51 AM
iI believe the majority of us most likely do not fully upgrade his gespenst. Using him as main to deal 18k damage would be impossible without some background work done.

so which mech did you give him in stage 48 and whose support did u use to adds up the 18k?
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner
#2Mana NaitoPosted 4/1/2013 11:03:40 AM(edited)
Twin with Sanger, and support attack with Twin Bird Strike and Royal Heart Breaker or EDN.
---
[SPEED UP] - [MISSILE] - [DOUBLE] - [LASER] - [OPTION] - [?] - [!]
#3Shale0Posted 4/1/2013 11:14:38 AM
Stuck him in the Type 3's pilot seat, and powerleveled him and his subpilot - Tasuku, I think? - until they got a damage seishin. Twinned him with Kyosuke, followed up Shishio Blade with EDN, easy kill.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#4RicemillsPosted 4/3/2013 2:50:26 AM(edited)
i missed free electron cannon on the first run because i forgot the 15 kills.
Russel-Katina pair is awesome, use the Melee type gespent for both, and use russel's twin seishin at beginning of stage, they will be godly. In fact, russel is my 2nd ace after Yanlong on 1st playthrough.
Ah, for the kill katina is the best subpilot for the grungust 3. she shouldve learnt soul at at stage, even if she didnt yet, the 15 kills should have leveled her enough.
---
You have the right to remain silent, anything you post will be misquoted, then used against you.
#5Kraker2kPosted 4/3/2013 4:52:49 AM
Reposting from the secrets thread:

I loaded up a save from my 2nd run on ex-hard and managed to get the weapon: http://i.imgur.com/dfn01Fs.jpg

Seems like quite a tricky task but I managed to do this by putting Russel in the Sanshiki, had Gilliam as the 2nd pilot. Used Zeal and Accel to boost into the enemy forces, once his HP is down a bit, most enemies should focus on Russel. Moved the allied units forwards a little slower to make sure the enemies focus on Russel, at the start of Turn 4 Umbra will proceed to move towards the other side and this is when I rushed Umbra with all my other units and when it was just about 18,000. I twinned Russel with Kyosuke. Had Gilliam and Kyosuke cast Valor. Kyosuke used EDN and Russel used the Sanshiki Shishioh Blade. Umbra went down, the other Ruina retreated and all that was left was for Josh to convince Glacies.

---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#6Mazinkaiser_DXPosted 4/21/2013 12:55:41 AM
I'm actually having trouble is getting the 15 kills with Russell, i know i can kill Umbra easily, but most of the grunts just ignore Russell even if I put him alone in the front. A lot of grunts go for the sides of the map, and there's some that will pass him, stay at range to attack him and won't do it =/
---
"Todome da!!!!!!"
#7Shale0Posted 4/21/2013 4:26:27 AM
Yeah, if you send him up the middle they'll just rush past him. You have to pick a side to send him up, and probably abuse in-battle saves to figure out how far to move him in order to attract enemy attention. And twin him up with someone who has the Continuous Attack twin spirit.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/national/fallen/
#8Mazinkaiser_DXPosted 4/21/2013 10:54:10 AM
I finally managed to do it =D

I used the Gespenst type C (I did upgrade his a lot, Gespenst FTW =D) and twinned with Gilliam, if they passed him by i just shot them. Then it was really hard to kill Umbra, because i screwed up and quick saved in the turn 4 after screwing up. I had to do magic with what i had available. (Russell was too far away from Umbra for anyone to use their best attack twinned with him). In the end, after getting him as closer to 18k as i could, and experimenting with positioning to get criticals or hit as hard as possible, twinned with Retsel(Tornado Blade), support Ariel(EDN) did the trick. With Russell just firing the crappy arm mount autocannons the Type-C has. =P

With this i got almost every secret in my first playthrough, sadly i won't be getting the Spirit of Steel, unless there are tons of enemies in stage 49 and enough time to get them killing stuff (they have 50 or almost 50 kills each =/)

Btw, i must say, i don't know if Forte Gigas is worth so much hassle...i like it, in fact, in SRW D i liked more those mechs and was kind of a letdown when i found out that the "reals" were the default mechs, but, looking at the stats, yes, it has stronger attacks and S in almost every terrain, but that's it. Geant Chevalier and Dea Blanche Neige have more HP, about the same armor, more evasion, Chevalier is S where it matters. In fact, Forte may not hit harder since it's L, the other ones are LL, plus, using them you have two strong attacks in one turn. And, very minor issue, but it still counts, if you like their music, you only get to hear Joshua's (unless you change it, but then you only get Rim's, and still, the final attack is Joshua's) =P.

The only reasons i can think of to use it are, to save one sortie spot for another unit (though i don't have one better at this moment i'm not using), it IS kind of overkill a super robot with big armor, bunshin and two sets of seishins (too much overkill in my opinion, probably won't use all it's potential), or simply because you like it (which is totally valid). I will use it, since i do like it and to validate all the effort to get it, but the power gamer in me is twitching...anything i'm missing to stop the twitching? xD
---
"Todome da!!!!!!"
#9Manstart(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:27:35 PM
I have to use Radha's move again sp on him to stack up fifteen kills. At the end of turn 3, push russel down the edge of the map and he can get those five grunt at the back who dont move during enemy phase. twinning russel with someone who have awaken helps too,
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner
#10Dog_1632Posted 4/21/2013 6:40:04 PM
Mazinkaiser_DX posted...

Btw, i must say, i don't know if Forte Gigas is worth so much hassle...i like it, in fact, in SRW D i liked more those mechs and was kind of a letdown when i found out that the "reals" were the default mechs, but, looking at the stats, yes, it has stronger attacks and S in almost every terrain, but that's it. Geant Chevalier and Dea Blanche Neige have more HP, about the same armor, more evasion, Chevalier is S where it matters. In fact, Forte may not hit harder since it's L, the other ones are LL, plus, using them you have two strong attacks in one turn. And, very minor issue, but it still counts, if you like their music, you only get to hear Joshua's (unless you change it, but then you only get Rim's, and still, the final attack is Joshua's) =P.

Gigas' L size makes no difference because Riot Buster ignores size, by the by.

Either way, lemme think about other the pros:

1)The thing is invincible. Bunshin, S ratings, Josh's Prevail add up and nothing short of the final bosses will put him in danger - are you sure it has less armor and HP? It may just be underupgraded as it joins with 4 bars in each slots (i.e. doesn't take after the previous units)
2)It has a VERY cheap and powerful MAP

3) It's final attack has the highest baseline power of any final attacks and it costs 20 EN!

I don't see why Forte Gigas' secret is considered a hassle. You have a lot of time to get 70 kills with Josh and Rim, specially considering that they both have strong ALL attacks (made easier with Continuous Action).

I found that getting both Vysaga and Wurger L on a first OGs run was much more annoying than this (mostly because of Arado).
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: ParCalavera