regarding kills number

#1alicbkPosted 4/3/2013 10:27:12 AM
does the initial kills numbers of joshua , rim and sanger count for their secrets (the forte gigas and the built in weapons for dygenguard) or is it like the masoukishin member which dont count ??
#2Shale0Posted 4/3/2013 11:02:07 AM
Yes, the initial kills count. It's only for the Masoukishin secrets that they don't (which is why people should just write the requirements as 97 and 127 kills, rather than algebra problems).
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#3Endless_NightPosted 4/4/2013 8:36:48 PM
So you mean to say is that if I have kills brought over from the previous game, it doesn't count??
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#4funklordjonesPosted 4/4/2013 11:02:40 PM
Endless_Night posted...
So you mean to say is that if I have kills brought over from the previous game, it doesn't count??

For the Masoukishin units, exactly that. They'll have kills that count for ace bonuses, but you'll have to get the 75 or 100 kills all over again for the secret weapons.

For everything else, existing kills can me requirements. If, for example, Sanger joins with 60 kills, you can unlock his extra weapons. This only works for total kills by a certain point. For a specific number of kills on a specific stage, you'll have to get them again.
#5Endless_NightPosted 4/5/2013 12:05:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Good thing I have Masaki slaughtering almost everything in my EX-hard playthrough now. Can't believe how good he is at the early stages but becomes more of a burden at later stages as enemies have higher accuracy and evade rate.
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#6VermilionXPosted 4/5/2013 7:28:15 AM
funklordjones posted...

For the Masoukishin units, exactly that. They'll have kills that count for ace bonuses, but you'll have to get the 75 or 100 kills all over again for the secret weapons.

Really? What if you already have 950 kills? The max kill count iirc is 999. So you can't unlock the secret anynore?
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg
#7Shale0Posted 4/5/2013 7:34:02 AM
I haven't replayed the game yet, but IIRC carryover kills do count - people have pointed out on this board that it's possible to get the secret at 999 kills. The target numbers are 97 and 127, always.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#8urtvPosted 4/5/2013 9:49:11 AM
you would then just have to keep count of the kills yourself at 999
#9funklordjonesPosted 4/6/2013 8:49:49 PM
Shale0 posted...
I haven't replayed the game yet, but IIRC carryover kills do count - people have pointed out on this board that it's possible to get the secret at 999 kills. The target numbers are 97 and 127, always.

Those numbers are only valid on the first lap; afterwards, you'll have to add the 75 or 100 kills to whatever your dudes already have on a replay.

After 999 kills on a single pilot, the only options are to manually tally them or funnel kills to another pilot. Say, if Masaki shows 999 kills (which is pretty easy to do after four laps or so), just let Mio, Tytti and Prescia murder more stuff.
#10Dog_1632Posted 4/6/2013 9:07:25 PM
Akurasu says that carryover kills do count towards the Masoukishin secrets; I'm guessing the info comes from the Perfect Bible, so it should be true.

If you rather not chance it, just spam those MAPs like crazy.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: ParCalavera