Is there a reason why Elzam have his own song?

#1hunkeelinPosted 6/19/2013 8:29:01 AM
4char as title said. Why does his song > boss songs? Why does his song always get the priority of playing over any other characters or tiers of enemies?
#2hyugazPosted 6/19/2013 9:07:49 AM
it was a bug in Alpha 2, since the fans appreciated it, they made it a default choice for every game he comes in, starting from OG1
#3suchiuomizuPosted 6/19/2013 9:36:19 AM(edited)
hyugaz posted...
it was a bug in Alpha 2, since the fans appreciated it, they made it a default choice for every game he comes in, starting from OG1

OG1 is when it was a bug, they even intentionally put an exception to the override in Alpha 2 (Blue Danube). Also this game has more exceptions to the override than any previous game he was in.
#4Kaiser99Posted 6/19/2013 10:56:56 PM
Bosses/enemy characters have higher priority than player characters. Elzam started off as a boss/enemy character in OG1-GBA (his first appearance) and switches side later. The programmers neglected to code his BGM priority lowered to player-character after the switch, and a non-intentional bug was created where Trombe! overrode everything (even bosses!) in the game.

People loved it, so it's been made intentional ever since.

Also, I don't believe Elzam appears in this game, he's certainly not a player-character. Maybe he makes a cameo on a route I haven't taken?
#5salvadorfranzPosted 6/20/2013 12:58:46 AM
Kaiser99 posted...
Bosses/enemy characters have higher priority than player characters. Elzam started off as a boss/enemy character in OG1-GBA (his first appearance) and switches side later. The programmers neglected to code his BGM priority lowered to player-character after the switch, and a non-intentional bug was created where Trombe! overrode everything (even bosses!) in the game.

People loved it, so it's been made intentional ever since.

Also, I don't believe Elzam appears in this game, he's certainly not a player-character. Maybe he makes a cameo on a route I haven't taken?

*looks at Ratsel*

Nope, no siree, Elzam is definitely not in this game, nope not at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/rvlast
^My channel. Please visit and all that jazz. Also if you like, go subscribe to it.
#6greeeedPosted 6/20/2013 5:46:48 AM
Ryuusei: I totally understand your pain...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/263/3/e/Trombe_Interrupt_by_hucky008.jpg
(Rai have Trombe ost as his ring tone)