Just Finished Xeno 2, Booted Up This Game And..

#1VogynPosted 9/7/2012 5:28:10 PM
HOLY POGO STICK JUMPING RHINOS.

Best. Just best. I'm in the first few minutes of gameplay and already I'm smitten. The dialog boxes at the bottom, the SUPERIOR voice acting in contrast from the 2nd game (SHION! No more cringing), the database is back and better then ever, the slick new menu, the running & shooting animation is SO SMOOTH, retelling the history, and ofc the ART DIRECTION. Shion looks like Shion again and Miyuki so good.

Thank you monolith. I heard that Xeno 3 was the best in the series and so far it's exceeding my expectations. I'm loving every second of this. BACK TO THE GAME.
#2RED_ODAPosted 9/7/2012 8:40:09 PM
Personally I like the first most, but I loved the graphics and the music of this one. The graphics were way better than any other game released at the same time.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#3FinalFLuverPosted 9/8/2012 6:51:27 PM(edited)
both 1 and 3 are superior IMO, but the walking/running speed of shion in Ep 1 was just too slow, VERY noticeable after finishing Ep 3 and deciding to play the series all over again
#4Stunning SteveAustinPosted 9/9/2012 1:14:03 AM
Indeed. Are there any other game series' where the first entry was good, the second was a sucky disappointment, and the third was WOahMG!AMAAAAZIN'!!!!? ...only other I can think of off the top of my head is Devil May Cry.
---
"The algorithms I have been programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought." ~ KOS-MOS
#5Vogyn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 10:58:53 AM
And the music! OMG SUCH A HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
That piano song you get at the beginning into the invigorating battle music.
SO GOOD.
#6Storm101Posted 9/12/2012 1:21:44 PM
I was also impressed by how fast normal battles load up. It's like, not even a second o_o
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Storm101
#7Ssj7CronoPosted 9/22/2012 8:10:46 PM
I didnt even bother playing the second one. Saved time by watching the cutscenes on youtube. Just started the third one recently and I feel the same. Episode III is amazing.
#8RED_ODAPosted 9/22/2012 10:42:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9beny_pimpsterPosted 9/29/2012 5:46:36 PM
FinalFLuver posted...
both 1 and 3 are superior IMO, but the walking/running speed of shion in Ep 1 was just too slow, VERY noticeable after finishing Ep 3 and deciding to play the series all over again

FMV's where tooo long on the first lol
#10RED_ODAPosted 10/1/2012 3:36:54 AM
Ssj7Crono Posted 9/22/2012 9:10:46 PM

I didnt even bother playing the second one. Saved time by watching the cutscenes on youtube. Just started the third one recently and I feel the same. Episode III is amazing.

You didn't miss anything, XS2 should be ignored. It's on the category "badly developed". If you ask me what is wrong with that, I say, everything. But at the same time XS2 can be very fun once you know the mechanics of the game.

---
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA