Red Testament II (Major Spoilers)

#1Angelalex242Posted 11/8/2012 7:43:46 PM
Ressurrecting an old thread...

Did Kevin sufficiently redeem himself for his many and rather nasty actions taken throughout the 3 games?

It seems like a lightbulb kicked on at the last minute...'Wait a minute, she doesn't want what I'm offering!', so he turns on his boss and tries to give her what she wants.
---
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Which side am I on? You decide.
#2buffy720Posted 11/9/2012 7:21:07 PM
In my opinion, no. Then again, I hate Kevin, so he could never redeem himself after all of the horrible things he did.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#3NynzPosted 11/11/2012 12:44:34 AM
In my opinion I am going to go with a resounding hell no. His actions were downright horrible and deplorable, causing much suffering to many people. Nothing he did could redeem that fact and remains hated with a passion by me.
---
Arrogance destroys the footholds of victory. - Byakuya Kuchiki
Pokemon White Friend Code: 3396-3783-3645
#4Angelalex242(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 2:02:22 AM
Well, Darth Vader did a lot of horrible, deplorable things too. Not the least of which was personally ganking a temple full of children.

What makes Kevin worse then Darth Vader (considering their redemption strategies were essentially the same)?
---
#5buffy720Posted 11/12/2012 7:07:08 AM
Not a Star Wars fan, so comparing Kevin to Darth Vader is pretty much lost on me.

That said, I reiterate the fact that I hate Kevin and nothing he did could bring about redemption for all of the awful things he did before. I will never forgive him for what he did to Allen, and I could smack Shion for allowing it to go on for as long as she did. I may like Shion, but that doesn't keep me from seeing how dumb she is at times.
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#6Stunning SteveAustinPosted 11/12/2012 8:42:31 AM
Kevin's personal motives were selfish, but his only real crime was manipulating Shion, everything else can be argued was for the greater good, as he was acting on behalf of Wilhelm.
---
"The algorithms I have been programmed with do not support the comprehension of illogical human thought." ~ KOS-MOS
#7Super SlashPosted 11/12/2012 11:15:54 PM
buffy720 posted...
In my opinion, no. Then again, I hate Kevin, so he could never redeem himself after all of the horrible things he did.

There are characters a *lot* more evil than Kevin (like Kefka). Kevin wasn't evil, Wilhelm just warped his mind, and he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing (as did Wilhelm).

In fact, Xenosaga really has no evil people except maybe Voyager (and even that is debatable).
#8Angelalex242(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:38:39 PM
Would you postulate, then, that Kevin might've turned out quite differently if he'd chosen to follow chaos instead of Wilhelm?

As far as I can tell, chaos and Wilhelm are essentially the same order/class of being, and chaos's team is as beholden to his guidance as the Testaments are to Wilhelm's.
---
#9buffy720Posted 11/13/2012 2:31:48 PM
Super Slash posted...
buffy720 posted...

There are characters a *lot* more evil than Kevin (like Kefka). Kevin wasn't evil, Wilhelm just warped his mind, and he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing (as did Wilhelm).

In fact, Xenosaga really has no evil people except maybe Voyager (and even that is debatable).

Never said Kevin was evil. All I said was I hate the character and he simply could not redeem himself in my eyes. He used Shion and was perfectly fine with hurting her to achieve certain goals, all the while claiming to love her. He's a creep. *shrugs*

If it comforts you, I hate Yuriev far, FAR more.
---
#10Super SlashPosted 11/13/2012 3:25:12 PM
Eh, fair enough. I think he did love her, but not necessarily as much as he let on.