Red Testament II (Major Spoilers)

#11Angelalex242(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:32:16 PM
Well, the major evidence that he must've loved her on some level is that he turned on Wilhelm (and took Wilhelm with him into death!) when he figured out his brilliant plan wasn't actually what Shion wanted.

(Say, Kevin, how many lives would've been spared if you thought to ASK Shion what she wanted?)
---
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Which side am I on? You decide.
#12DragonKnight387Posted 11/15/2012 9:51:54 AM
Super Slash posted...
Eh, fair enough. I think he did love her, but not necessarily as much as he let on.

Oh, Kevin loved Shion, it's just that his love for her was more about filling the void that his mother created. So, it was a more narcissistic kind of love. This is opposed to Allen, whose love really was selfess (and perhaps insane in some ways).
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.
#13Angelalex242(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 5:29:51 PM
Insane in SOME ways?

Allen growing a pair in the final third of the final chapter of episode 3 was too little, too late for me to give him any real credit for it.

Then again, think of it this way.

If this were highschool, Shion, (Miss Militia, Flower of First Division, etc.) would be the cheer captain.

Kevin would be the sexy bad boy who breaks her heart every once in a while, but keeps her coming back for more.

Allen would be the wimply dude who followers her around like a puppydog and ends up permanently friendzoned. Or possibly restraining ordered. More likely the former, in Allen's case, as Shion seems to put up with him on some level.
---
#14VogynPosted 11/17/2012 11:13:11 AM
Angelalex242 posted...
Insane in SOME ways?

Allen growing a pair in the final third of the final chapter of episode 3 was too little, too late for me to give him any real credit for it.

Allen growing a pair was the best part of the entire Xenosaga series for me.
That was the empitimy of what I wanted to happen throughout that whole final game. Too much whining and crying -- Allen the best (I dubbed him when he stood up to Kevin) broke the entire mold that Shion was portraying and provided an amazing contrast that gave me a lifelong, lasting impression of the series as a whole.

What Allen did was one of those rare memorable scenes that'll be the benchmark for what I think of when I reflect back on games I've played. Great game but we needed less moping and more Allen-ing.
#15Chaoswolf0121Posted 11/18/2012 8:55:28 PM
Vogyn posted...
Angelalex242 posted...
Insane in SOME ways?

That was the empitimy of what I wanted to happen throughout that whole final game. Too much whining and crying -- Allen the best (I dubbed him when he stood up to Kevin) broke the entire mold that Shion was portraying and provided an amazing contrast that gave me a lifelong, lasting impression of the series as a whole.

What Allen did was one of those rare memorable scenes that'll be the benchmark for what I think of when I reflect back on games I've played. Great game but we needed less moping and more Allen-ing.

^This, moreover, this wasn't the first time Allen had grown a pair, in a sense, it was the just most relevant.
---
When Hazamama says go to bed then by gods you had better Go to bed
#16Angelalex242(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 9:20:40 PM
How much would opinions change, I wonder, if he'd been like this?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8749963/1/A-Better-Solution

I wrote this in a valiant attempt to dejerkify Kevin a little.
---
#17DragonKnight387Posted 11/30/2012 1:27:53 AM
Vogyn posted...
Angelalex242 posted...
Insane in SOME ways?

I think, for all his whining, Allen is consistently brave just by going to all these dangerous places that only super humans would dare to go. It's just that him beating up that gnosis is the only time he performs a physical action (sorry, breaking into the Acute Neurosis Treatment facility isn't enough credit).
---
1075-0914-2884 is my FC.