How do I get the optional summons?

#1anonymous4everPosted 1/22/2008 9:15:46 PM
I realize that they are item drops from goblins, bombs and cockatrice enemies, but I have fought thousands of these enemies and they will not drop the spells. I have all chars maxed out at 99, completed the optional lunar ruins level, beaten the game with all of the different chars in my party, even aquired a pink tail and got the best armor. It's driving me nuts I guess I'm what you call a completist. I need all the spells. What are the odds of these enemies dropping the spells?

Sad part is, I'll be doing this all over again once FF IV DS releases here.

---
XBL tag: DeadlyViper8791
Now Playing: ....too many games to list.
#2ActionPosted 1/22/2008 9:36:48 PM
They're about as low as getting a Tail.
---
TGAFF7SB Commando www.varisangel.net
C-C-C-C-CONDOM BRE- Your dog?! - Maestro of Darkness
#3RedSwordMagePosted 1/22/2008 10:02:55 PM
They're not really worth it. They all suck...except for bomb since your Rydia is at level 99. Bomb is only useful if Rydia is at a really high level.
---
*Bad guy picks up phone*Phone: You are receiving a collect call from:CAPTAAINN CAAAAAVEEEMAAAAAAAAANNN!!!~Robot Chicken
#4Deathlike2Posted 1/22/2008 10:49:06 PM
Bomb is effectively a single targeted Mist Dragon attack (no bonus blink or anything when the Mist Ring is equipped).

Damage is dependant on her current HP. If you are able to max Rydia's HP, this attack will be effectively as powerful as Bahamut (well, better since Bahamut's attack is applied against magic defense, so monsters like the Behemoth never always take 9999 damage... Mist/Bomb's attack ignores magic defense altogether).
#5anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2008 9:26:09 AM
I see. Well I remember having acquired them in the PSone version if I'm not mistaken and it didn't take this long. Maybe I was just lucky. Ah well time to put this one up for a while and play something else.
---
XBL tag: DeadlyViper8791
Now Playing: ....too many games to list.