This FF4 is the only one I haven't played yet. Gonna start now,

#1WhPlaguePosted 12/29/2012 9:18:29 AM
Beaten the american FF2 and the original FF4 (fan translated) millions of times
Beaten the DS version once (I found it pretty hard)

What should I expect from this one?
#2silktailPosted 12/29/2012 10:58:46 AM
You should find it just like the original (Japanese) version until you get near the end, where you can get back most of your old party members and access a couple of new bonus dungeons.
---
#3WhPlague(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:25:27 AM
Sweet. It's gonna be interesting to try this particular translation.
#4RedSwordMagePosted 12/31/2012 9:59:14 AM
The battle system is wonky, and there are a few other oddities in this one.
---
Best NPC Line Ever: You have legs!
~Final Fantasy I NES, Onrac, Old Woman next to magic shops.
#5WhPlague(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 4:35:48 PM
Yeah, I noticed it feels odd. My characters seem to miss more often...

Is there any FAQ that details the difference between GBA and SNES versions?
#6Deathlike2Posted 1/3/2013 2:47:00 PM
I've written some into my Algo FAQ, but suffice it to say... there's a ton of bugs.

Although, Flans have an evasion bonus of sorts as you lose a multiplier or two when trying to hit them physically (it's hard to actually notice this at higher levels until you get the overpowered weapons).
#7StarryKnightsPosted 1/19/2013 1:37:20 AM
****ing flans.
---
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
#8DreTam2000Posted 1/23/2013 12:48:44 AM
You should have researched it a bit first. Then you could have (as another poster stated) tracked down the European version of the game, with fixed glitches.

There are places you can get it from online. I can't use the proper word for "it" on here for legal reasons. But if you'd like me to contact you about it (assuming you don't already know what I'm talking about, and how to get it) I would be glad to show you or just provide you "it" myself ;)

Love this game, in any case (never played this GBA one in particular, though; I just know all about it).