I can't help it, this is the only version that is playable for me

#1InnerSolacePosted 6/13/2013 5:05:28 PM
I've attempted to play the SNES version of this game several times...and while I can get a couple hours into the game, I just can't continue with it. The translation, the fact that many items and equipment don't have descriptions (so you don't know what they do unless you're reading a guide or have extensive experience using them); these are the main reasons why I just can't play it.

Then comes the GBA version, which is great! The translation is much more tolerable, and the dialogue is more interesting to read; unlike FFVI, where I believe the SNES version > GBA version dialogue-wise.

I've tried so many times to get myself more into the SNES version, but I just can't. Is this a bad thing? Lol. I've always wanted to complete the SNES version, because it's the original, but I always find myself stopping and going back to the GBA version whenever I attempt to play the game.

Does anyone else feel the same about the two versions?

I really want the PSP version of FFIV, but alas...no PSP in my possession.
---
Burn in a fire, Xbox One.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV. This game has such an amazing, immersive atmosphere.
#2Jprime666Posted 6/16/2013 9:35:09 AM
The SNES version is a very watered down version. It's not worth playing anymore outside of nostalgia or an interest to see the first release.

The PS1 version is a pretty true release of the Super Famicom original, but has mean load times.

The GBA version has some problems with a glitchy ATB system, but is a solid version. The EU version fixed the glitches.

The DS version is pretty much a complete overhaul and is pretty challenging. I don't think it's the best to be introduced to the game, but it's very much worth playing.

The PSP version is basically a better version of the GBA release, although they lowered the difficulty to the point that you can play it with your eyes closed.
---
How many emotions is people?
#3smeech8000Posted 6/17/2013 7:47:05 AM
InnerSolace posted...
...unlike FFVI, where I believe the SNES version > GBA version dialogue-wise.

Indeed; Son of a submariner > Son of a sandworm
---
I don't feel tardy.
#4Vara_samaPosted 6/18/2013 8:50:56 PM
Jprime666 posted...

The DS version is pretty much a complete overhaul and is pretty challenging. I don't think it's the best to be introduced to the game, but it's very much worth playing.

I wish the DS version would have kept the extra dungeons, though...