Still my Favorite Version

#1StrombadaPosted 6/29/2014 9:31:17 AM
Despite the numerous releases over the years, this version will always be my favorite, mainly because of the LR but also in part thanks to the lackluster "additional story" that was brought to us in the NDS version.
---
Yang: My papa always taught me that you could solve any problem in life by throwing a barrel at it.
Edward: Your father was Donkey Kong?
#2Jprime666Posted 7/5/2014 3:02:30 PM
Me too. The PSP version could have taken the spot, but I didn't really like the look of the sprites very much in that one.

I like when people post here.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#3Strombada(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2014 10:56:42 AM
Admittedly, I'm not on a computer like I used to be and I've wavered in watching anything going on with the boards. But I felt like posting after having recently played the Complete Collection on PSP.
---
Yang: My papa always taught me that you could solve any problem in life by throwing a barrel at it.
#4Jprime666Posted 7/7/2014 3:55:42 PM
I wonder how many more times they'll release this game. Sadly I'll almost certainly buy it again if they do.

I'd be all over FF4 remake for Vita or something.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#5ELQUEMANDA4Posted 7/15/2014 8:55:28 AM
The only problem with this version is that the ATB system doesn't work as good as PSP.
---
"Some reviewers gave it 6 out of 10. In professional reviewing circles that's the equivalent of burning it to the ground and salting the earth."
#6Strombada(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 10:20:03 PM
I did like the updated models in the PSP version. But an EU version of the cart fixes the ATB bug.
---
#7smeech8000Posted 7/24/2014 12:19:24 PM
I mean to pickup FFIVDS someday... but I love this game. The Lunar Ruins is just such a fun way to get awesome gear.

I liked the bonus dungeons in FF Origins but Whisperwind Cove and Lifespring Grotto got pretty montonous after awhile.

Somewhat comparable, despite being a DS release, are Chrono Trigger's Dimensional Vortices and Lost Sanctum... but damn that mountain gets tiresome going up and down it all the time!
---
I don't feel tardy.