question about bike mission rewards

#1JIM12306Posted 10/16/2008 3:19:30 PM
I remember reading that the rewards for the bike missions are better in Redemption. But you have to skip out on the bike missions in this game to get those better rewards for the bike missions in Redemption.

And so i am just wondering.

Can i get the rewards for gathering Chim Chims in the Bike missions by getting all of the Chim Chims on the field then quit the race before getting the last king Chim Chim? That way i won't finish the race but i will still get the rewards for collecting Chim Chims.

Or would doing that ruin my chance at getting the new rewards for the Bike Missions in Redemption?

Because i have finished up everything else that i wanted to do in Reminisce so this would be the last thing that i would want to do. If it doesn't ruin my chances at getting the new rewards for the Bike Missions in Redemption that is.

---
Not changing this until people start realizing that reality TV syndrome is a poison!
#2twilightultimaPosted 10/16/2008 5:12:53 PM
Reminisce Bike Campaign rewards (basically the stuff you get for the 50 runs/ Chim Chim collection) can be obtained without problems towards the BMRs in Redemption.

The only thing you need to do is spend enough time in a mission so that you don't get placed into any rankings in the list.

---
Liquid: Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
:O
#3Rayek25mPosted 10/29/2008 2:41:11 PM
How many chim chams is the bijke mission guy hoping you will collect.... i have collected nearly 3000 and still he wants mroe. what is the maximum amount he wants?
#4shinigami9Posted 11/8/2008 7:23:39 AM
3000, I think.
#5cheatermasterPosted 11/15/2008 8:11:05 PM
Do you get anymore after 3000 or is that it?
#6O2AshPosted 11/17/2008 2:19:35 AM
I've reached in the rankings for ALL 5 courses for the bike mission! Does that mean I won't be able to get the good stuff in redemption anymore?! T_T If so, what kind of good stuff am I gonna miss?
---
CFW>OFW | ISO>UMD | PTF>CTF | Pandora>Sony Service
SSBM: Kirby is nothing more than a lame wannabe-Jigglypuff
#7twilightultimaPosted 11/17/2008 3:20:52 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=929995&topic=44652965

---
Liquid: Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
:O
#8O2AshPosted 11/17/2008 7:31:56 PM
Thanks a lot twilight... guess I'll have to restart all over again. =/
---
#9O2AshPosted 11/18/2008 6:35:11 AM
Just to really clarify things, I CAN get the chim chims but I mustn't get into any of the bike rankings? So... I complete a race, no problem as long as I don't beat any ranking record? Sorry but I don't want to screw up all over again.
---
#10Master ZEDPosted 11/19/2008 11:38:00 AM
So... I complete a race, no problem as long as I don't beat any ranking record?

As long as you don't beat a record that would get you something you want in Redemption. Getting 9th on Course 2 wouldn't kill you for example, and course 4 has the worst prizes of the bunch (I'd consider the Mind items worthwhile, but that's it). Up to 3rd on Course 5 isn't bad either (there are alternate sources for True Sun Stone now, but the course is still the easiest method). None of the items for any of those courses are one-time-only items, otherwise a LOT of people would have been screwed and it would have been a true Zodiac Spear situation.

I wouldn't have restarted the game myself... where were you exactly?
---
The Unoriginal White Sheet - http://masterzed.cavesofnarshe.com/
-Master ZED