DMC3: SE Board FAQ (v1.0) *unlockable-related SPOILERS*

#241IRANianCha0sPosted 1/24/2007 9:46:19 AMmessage detail
They should've made Heaven or Hell so only YOU die in one hit, and the rest of the enemies are all DMD-level.
Mmmmmmmm yeah. Good stuff.
#242iz3820Posted 1/24/2007 10:41:38 AMmessage detail
the name explained what it was. HEAVEN or HELL
you can kill anything with one hit, but you will also die in one hit.
if you want a challenge, try SSing HoH. its harder than youd think and it takes some planning out. also you should do it without super dante/vergil
---
"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
#243RazzuPosted 1/25/2007 10:13:49 AMmessage detail
Well they should make a new difficulty called Dante WILL Die. Meaning he dies in one hit whilst the enemies are DMD level.
#244iz3820Posted 1/26/2007 3:03:53 PMmessage detail
why didnt they make a mode where you are timed in each mission, and if you dont clear the mission in a certain time, you die and each "safe" point(if you use a continue) has a set time if its continued at.
---
"abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
#245ManiacOVGPosted 1/31/2007 6:34:17 PMmessage detail
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can someone explain Jump Cancelling, and Weapon Switching techiniques for me? I'm not sure if it's in a FAQ, and I'll probably need to get used to these techniques for the higher difficulties.
---
What weird things have you seen Peach pull out?
"My virginity. I was like, OH SNAP."-lincoln002
#246Jason_StriderPosted 2/1/2007 7:21:40 PMmessage detail
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can someone explain Jump Cancelling, and Weapon Switching techiniques for me? I'm not sure if it's in a FAQ, and I'll probably need to get used to these techniques for the higher difficulties.

Whilst I'm not truly familiar with those terms, here's what I think: Jump Canceling is where you jump to cancel a recovery animation, like what you could do in DMC1 to rapid-fire grenades. Also things like jumping off an enemy's skull so you can use Sky Dance or Killer Bee and the like again (whereas normally you'd have to fall to the ground, jump again, and then launch the attack again; so it's a way to stay up and launching air combos for longer; I think that jumping off something whilst in mid-air allows you to do any air maneuver, like an attack or an Air Hike, again without landing). Weapon Switching is doing things like, after firing a Spiral shot, switching to Ebony & Ivory and then switching back, in order to avoid the lengthy reload that Spiral's saddled with.

Hopefully that's right.
---
"It is inevitable." - Smith
#247Volteccer_JackPosted 2/1/2007 7:49:08 PMmessage detail
JS's post is just about right. Here are my attempts at corrections:

I think that jumping off something whilst in mid-air allows you to do any air maneuver, like an attack or an Air Hike, again without landing

Yes, with one exception. Jumping off of a wall(read:walls only, not enemies) will not refresh Air Hike. (read: only Air Hike; other moves still refresh.

Weapon Switching is doing things like, after firing a Spiral shot, switching to Ebony & Ivory and then switching back, in order to avoid the lengthy reload that Spiral's saddled with.

This example, of cancelling lag with Weapon-Switch, is generally calleded Switch-Cancelling. Another popular use of Weapon-Switching is to initiate a rather long attack, such as Revolver or Jetstream, then switch to Rebellion, and charge a Drive during the other weapon's attack. This greatly increases Drive's usefulness.

Watch combo vids like HSID, Terminal Duo, or the TrueStyle vids to see Weapon-Switching in it's full glory.
---
Fact: Nevan sucks. Real men use E&I.~Dr. Light, expert DMC player
Well for starters, there AREN'T things you know about the game that I don't.~Auron255
#248Jason_StriderPosted 2/1/2007 7:58:24 PMmessage detail
^ Thanks for the corrections, Volteccer. And come to think of it, I'd never thought of charging Drive that way.
---
"It is inevitable." - Smith
#249ManiacOVGPosted 2/2/2007 6:16:51 PMmessage detail
That's great advice, I'll be sure to check vids on it. Thanks.
---
What weird things have you seen Peach pull out?
"My virginity. I was like, OH SNAP."-lincoln002
#250SamorsaPosted 2/11/2007 6:22:43 PMmessage detail
Catching-up response:

Well they should make a new difficulty called Dante WILL Die. Meaning he dies in one hit whilst the enemies are DMD level.

Feel free to reset the game every time you get hit on DMD! - same idea, no need for them to waste their time coding it.

why didnt they make a mode where you are timed in each mission, and if you dont clear the mission in a certain time, you die and each "safe" point(if you use a continue) has a set time if its continued at.

Because that would be stupid.

As said:

Jump cancelling is kick-jumping off an enemy when using an aerial move. If you're in the air, you are always able to kick-jump off an enemy, so you can use that to prematurely end any attack. It also resets the "moves used" counters, allowing you to use Air Hike and other aerial techniques again. The primary use for this outside of combo videos is to use Killer Bee or Aerial Cross repeatedly, because they are extremely fast, damaging attacks. Not really necessary for beating the game, even on DMD!. Useful, though. To my knowledge, it does not work for kick-jumping off walls.

Weapon cancelling is either switching guns to cancel the recoil from weapons or switching weapons during a move so that you can charge another move. (eg: switch to Rebellion during a Revolver to charge Drive.) The former is useful, the second is rarely useful.

Speaking of Drive, I miss Drive 1 from the demo. :(
---
Keen signature, sport.