tenchu on the pc

#1mfcostacamposPosted 2/3/2010 3:44:24 PM
when is there finally gonna be a tenchu game available on the PC?
the online potential would be immense, besides i think it'd boost sales a lot. i don't play console games, because i only like using the pc and i've gotten to the point of installing a ps1 emulator so that i can play tenchu 1 and 2 on the pc. wish something more modern than that was available...
#22ndAtomiskPosted 2/3/2010 4:41:29 PM
well I don't play PC games but I guess I see your point.
---
Your mamas so something she did something somewhere in some sort of situation. ~ JaxxSC
#3Blackninja305Posted 2/3/2010 7:05:34 PM
its either they dont want 2 or not enough money

Kuroya Expert Assassin
#4gamingdutchmanPosted 2/4/2010 3:21:02 AM

when is there finally gonna be a tenchu game available on the PC?
the online potential would be immense, besides i think it'd boost sales a lot. i don't play console games, because i only like using the pc and i've gotten to the point of installing a ps1 emulator so that i can play tenchu 1 and 2 on the pc. wish something more modern than that was available...

I agree to potential.
But then again, this game has had potential since the day it came out and still has, regardless on which platform it will be.

I actually didn't get it, because I was told Tenchu 1 was US no. 1 in the days. If you ask Tenchu now, nobody knows what the hell you're talking about. That's not good marketing and to blame that on money now, is just lame. They should've invested more in taking the game to another level by now, but they haven't. Tenchu Z is practically the same as its predecessors, with lots of more options.
I once read something about the game being difficult to change technically, because then the fluency of gaming was lost. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this really is such a problem.

Tenchu 1 and 2 are great, atmosphere hasn't been better since, IMO.
#5mfcostacampos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2010 7:55:36 PM
well the technical issues that revolve around porting the game to the PC sound like a lame excuse the company came up with - i got this really cheap gamepad and the gaming experience is exactly the same as in the ps1.
i've been playing game after game that has a hint of that tenchu ninja universe (anything from guild wars factions to bloodrayne)... i really wish there was a pc release, specially cause the tenchu games were so simple and offered such high replayability (just return to any level whenever u want and walk around the villages, or explore all the tunnels or whatever)... i dunno, i miss the simplicity and enjoyment those old games gave you and i wish tenchu was released for the PC because no other series gives u the same feel and atmosphere
#6gamingdutchmanPosted 2/5/2010 4:38:59 AM
^^
I know what you mean. I still think T1 and 2 are way better than the rest.

The technical issues didn't only exist with porting it to the PC, but also in improving the game itself. I understood that the interactiveness of the roofs/ledges, etc. couldn't be maintained if they were to change too much.
But again, I think things are possible.

If they were to release anything now, regardless on which platform, I think they have little margin for error, or at least have to come up with something original.
The sinister atmosphere was less since Return to Darkness and totally gone in Z, IMO. I did like the suicidal grenadiers in RtD.
I know I will be critical and I won't accept another Z. And I do consider myself a long term fan of the game.

I miss the mountain spirits from T1;
I definitely miss the awesome music;
I really miss the dark,sinister atmosphere;
Miss people shouting: 'I see you' when they haven't;
Miss people shouting: 'Show yourself';
I miss the cool boss fights from 1 and 2;
#72ndAtomiskPosted 2/5/2010 11:42:45 AM
Fatal Shadows has great atmosphere
---
Your mamas so something she did something somewhere in some sort of situation. ~ JaxxSC
#8gamingdutchmanPosted 2/5/2010 3:40:43 PM
That's actually the only one I didn't play, so nothing to say about that one.. I guess the Playstation version still was the most true to its origin then.

Maybe I'm gonna try the Wii version, but first I have to find a Wii.
#9shatterstarPosted 2/6/2010 8:44:22 AM

If you really look at it, Tenchu Z was much like the first Tenchu in away. The first Tenchu had next to no story but just a bunch of random missions, I think there were like a total of 12 missions wasn't it?

You talk about the atmosphere of the gameand all I remember was just the music that set the atmosphere for me because the visuals and the draw distance were down right horrible in both T1 and 2.Tenchu Z's atmosphere didn't do it for me because thesoundtrack was the worst soundtrack in the franchise in my opinion.

Tenchu Z's gameplay and structure was just like the first Tenchu minus the main charactersRikimaru and Ayame as playable characters. The only problem where they went wrong was creating 50 missions that has the same mission structure and having you repeat the same levels over and over again.

They should've just created 12 missions instead of 50 missions and 12 mapswith different enemy layouts for the single player campaignjust like all the other Tenchu games. The replay valuewould've been the level editor for the multiplayer. Having players create their veryown levels to invite their friends to play some 4 player mutiplayerco-op.

#10mfcostacampos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2010 12:55:23 PM
well i've been testing out ps2 emulators but they seem to be in a pretty early stage. plus, i'll have to overclock my cpu and buy a new controller for that to work. i'd love to try out the tenchu games that came out for the ps2 but since i hate playing in the console i've come to the point of wanting to mess around with my cpu to play more tenchu on the pc....