The most underrated game in a long time?

#1BearprintPosted 4/17/2012 7:46:58 AM
After reading some positive mini-reviews, I purchased this game for almost nothing. And boy was I surprised by how well-made the game is - the production values are so good. The driving is spot on, the missions original, and it never gets old ramming into a racedriver with a bus and watch him fly away in smoke! It feels so much more like an action game than a driving game, and that's what I like.

My only complaint is that some missions are very unforgiving and hard, and the storyline should of course be seen as a comedy more than a drama.

One of the surprises of the decade for me.
---
Snake and Cloud = Best Heros Ever
#2Grendel PrimePosted 4/18/2012 1:49:42 PM
It's simply a *fun* game, no bones about it. It's like they took a crazy story that had you car-swapping mid-race, married in some of the best parts about the Burnout series and let you loose in an open world. It's a great game. I don't think the story missions are difficult but some of the challenges are tricky. Upgrades do help immensely, and you make cash ridiculously fast in this game. I think they knew how absurd the premise was so they put in a lot of comedic bits to make it fun and allow gamers not to take the game too seriously. I heard the game sold better than expected (guess they had the bar set low), hopefully we'll see a sequel.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#3ManOfChapPosted 4/18/2012 3:55:48 PM
The second best racing game on PS3 (behind GT5).
---
RIP Paco El Gato
GameFaqs screen name 2002-2012
#4UberGuy9000Posted 4/19/2012 3:53:47 AM
It's my favorite game ever. It dethroned BattleTanx, which I've played for 11 or 12 years now and never got bored of it (still not bored of it).

It's already been announced in some magazine that the next Driver is being worked on.
---
The Premier of the Republic of Kravatia
http://theelectronicman.bandcamp.com/ - where I release the music
#5ManOfChapPosted 4/19/2012 9:18:17 AM
UberGuy9000 posted...
It's my favorite game ever. It dethroned BattleTanx, which I've played for 11 or 12 years now and never got bored of it (still not bored of it).

It's already been announced in some magazine that the next Driver is being worked on.

2 things.

1.They should really make another BattleTanx game (or just another Tank game in general)

2.Thats awesome I heard nothing about another Driver sequel.
---
RIP Paco El Gato
#6UberGuy9000Posted 4/21/2012 5:34:30 AM

2 things.

1.They should really make another BattleTanx game (or just another Tank game in general)

1. So so so so true. I love driving through the city in SRTT with tanks
---
The Premier of the Republic of Kravatia
#7ManOfChapPosted 4/22/2012 8:56:10 AM
UberGuy9000 posted...
2 things.

1. So so so so true. I love driving through the city in SRTT with tanks

Ever played Seek and Destroy? Its a PS2 Tank Game one of my all time favorite games. very short tho.
---
RIP Paco El Gato
#8UberGuy9000Posted 5/12/2012 5:04:34 AM

Ever played Seek and Destroy? Its a PS2 Tank Game one of my all time favorite games. very short tho.

Can't say I have. I might have to check it out.
---
Bach and Shostakovich? Yes, please.