ANSWER ONLY IF YOU'VE PLAYED: Worth getting?

#1Generic_DudePosted 9/24/2008 8:04:58 PM

I was thinking about picking this up after work tomorrow... seriously, how is it? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews.

I loved Rainbow Six Vegas, which was a FPS with a cover system by the same company, if that helps.

#2hikari199Posted 9/24/2008 8:35:19 PM
Well you can change the controls to "tour of duty" settings and the game plays just like cod4, and the game has decent graphics but has a big challenge lots of fun, if you like realistic fps then this is a must buy
#3babzdbPosted 9/24/2008 8:52:52 PM
Great game, i can't seem to put it down i would deffinatley add it to my collection if i was you.
#4POPEYE1716Posted 9/24/2008 9:05:46 PM
how is the multiplayer?
#5PJDaIrishKingPosted 9/24/2008 9:58:15 PM
I got da game 2day n i think i am half way in it. I like it very much n i aint a big WW2 fan. Only think i hate is da multiplayer lol. It look so bad lookin. If u or any1 get this game dont play online just play da game multiplayer is bad n i love playin games i love multiplayer games i will never go back on multiplayer in BIA HH again.
---
PSN: ShadyDa1NOnly. GoldCross55 in COD4.
Betas: Socom & Resistance 2
#6G3cko360Posted 9/25/2008 7:22:19 AM
What the hell? Seriously? Do the thoughts actually form in your head like that or is it a concious effort to type that way?

Anyway, he's right. The multiplayer is pretty crappy, but the campain is awesome and you can select between several popular control schemes (Tour of Duty - Call of Duty, Tactical Six - Rainbow Six, Ringworld - Halo).
---
PSN: SufferThorn
XBL: AlteredG3cko
#7gta3_creyzPosted 9/25/2008 7:42:17 AM
To be honest, I'd rent it first..... I didn't like it at all.
#8Generic_Dude(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2008 10:47:07 AM

G3cko360 posted...
What the hell? Seriously? Do the thoughts actually form in your head like that or is it a concious effort to type that way?

Anyway, he's right. The multiplayer is pretty crappy, but the campain is awesome and you can select between several popular control schemes (Tour of Duty - Call of Duty, Tactical Six - Rainbow Six, Ringworld - Halo).
---
PSN: SufferThorn
XBL: AlteredG3cko

Well, I'd be buying it for the campaign anyway. Still haven't gotten over the COD4 thing yet.

#9donalbanePosted 9/25/2008 11:06:34 AM
I think it's the best tactical shooter ever made. Seriously. There are the occasional AI hiccups, but aside from that (it happened once so far in the first 4 hours) I'm loving it. And I recommend the collector's edition for the killer Matt Baker action figure. Best packi-in.... ever.
#10razorc03Posted 9/25/2008 11:58:14 AM

IMHO, I just can't get over these things:

1. It doesn't feel very next gen

2. Graphics are OK, but definitely not next gen.

3. Gameplay feels like a "been-there-done-that." However, the idea of "don't fix it if it isn't broken" does apply well.

4. Control mapping takes some time to get used to. I don't have any idea why they did it that way.

5. A few bugs and glitches doesn't make it feel as polished as it should.

However, the fun factor should be able to help anyone overlook those issues.