Game won't start

#1KalirionPosted 10/9/2009 9:30:40 PM
Installed from the DVD. When I hit "Play" it gives the black loading screen with the eye, hourglass cursor.. and then they disappear and nothing happens. Have to manually kill nwmain.exe.

Then I ran NWNEnglish1.66HotUUpdate.exe from the DVD - didn't help.

Now downloading the 1.69 update (manually since the updater is broken) hoping it will work....
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
#2Kalirion(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2009 11:16:00 PM
1.69 patch didnt help a bit.

I did notice that the game starts just fine if I disable sound. Obviously I'm not going to play without sound....

I'm using the mobo integrated Realtek HD Audio sound card. Updated to the latest Realtek drivers - no help.
---
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
#3Kalirion(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2009 12:22:33 AM
Nevermind, found the answer in a Bioware forum: rename the files Mssa3d.m3d and mssds3d.m3d in the NWN\miles directory.
---