Game won't start

• Topic Archived
7 years ago#1
Installed from the DVD. When I hit "Play" it gives the black loading screen with the eye, hourglass cursor.. and then they disappear and nothing happens. Have to manually kill nwmain.exe.

Then I ran NWNEnglish1.66HotUUpdate.exe from the DVD - didn't help.

Now downloading the 1.69 update (manually since the updater is broken) hoping it will work....
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
7 years ago#2
1.69 patch didnt help a bit.

I did notice that the game starts just fine if I disable sound. Obviously I'm not going to play without sound....

I'm using the mobo integrated Realtek HD Audio sound card. Updated to the latest Realtek drivers - no help.
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - George HW Bush
7 years ago#3
Nevermind, found the answer in a Bioware forum: rename the files Mssa3d.m3d and mssds3d.m3d in the NWN\miles directory.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived