Incense puzzle (spoilers)

#1DungavelPosted 3/5/2010 9:38:31 AM
"The color of this incense symbolises the value of desire,
even if you mix in the incense on either end, nothing changes"

I thought red symbolised desire, not yellow. Never in my life have i heard that yellow signified desire. Is this a Eastern concept?
---
I bow only to the Patron Saint of Failure, the King of Defeat, the Lord of Atrophy, The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse doroha2188
#2ProudAnselmoPosted 3/5/2010 3:29:57 PM
Why would it be Eastern European?

Anyway, I just took it as one of the game's many localization problems. I would have never guessed the solution to that puzzle because of how wacky the hints were.
#3Dungavel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2010 4:29:47 AM
I never said eastern European. I said eastern, which we meant to convey the countries of Asia. So i guess it probably was a localisation problem

I got the one about the mare attribute i understood the mixing colour routine,but red should surely be the colour of desire.
---
I bow only to the Patron Saint of Failure, the King of Defeat, the Lord of Atrophy, The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse doroha2188
#4TheLostOnePosted 3/7/2010 8:49:39 AM
My guess is it's a poor translation. Value of desire may have been intended to mean something along the lines of desiring something of value, in this case money or gold.
---
If you lose your job, your marriage and your mind all in one week, try to lose your mind first, because then the other stuff won't matter that much.
#5loz_64Posted 3/7/2010 2:29:04 PM
That messed me up too. They should have put something like, "this symbolizes the color of friendship" (referring to roses)
---
Oh! It's a signature!
#6sh00gPosted 3/8/2010 5:09:53 PM
I thought of gold first thing.