Brother's in Arms: Battle of the Bulge (4)

#1EzethalPosted 10/16/2008 7:51:13 PM
Yes, yes, I know.
I would much rather see them work on Hell's Highway rather then the fourth in the series.
Add new multiplayer maps, modes, (hopefully increase graphics to campaign equivalent) and add campaign co-op.
Anyways, discussing the fourth, upcoming BiA Game.
I know it's staying WWII (Hint: At end it clearly says "To Be Continued")
I also know it will be some place snowy, like Bastogne. (Hint: Legget says "How do you feel about snow?")
So it'll probably be Bastogne, Battle of the Bulge, etc.
The fourth game might be the last as well. I sure hope not.
So I think they should fix up HH first, then do the fourth.

So... When do you guys think the release date for the next one is?
I believe it'll be late 2010, considering HH just came out, Gearbox is working on lots of other stuff, and hopefully they'll fix up HH. Your opinions?

UPDATE:
I know this is pushing it a bit, but in the far future in the BiA series, when the WWII story is finished telling (which will be a sad day) how do you guys feel about a modern BiA game?
Like, since if they did do this it would be more futuristic modern then the current COD 4, but it would be squad command, 3P cover based Shooter, like the other BiA.
I think a tactical Modern Warfare game would be pretty cool. But I want to see the end of the WWII story first.
#2Turbonegro13Posted 10/17/2008 5:55:20 AM
About the modern, I don't think BiA would be the same without Baker.

Unless of course he has a son, who fights in Vietnam (which would make for a great BiA game if you ask me), then he has a son (who of course fights in a modern war)
---
If you love WWII games and will never tire of them put this as your sig!
#3gamehell321Posted 10/17/2008 9:02:31 AM

I dunno about a modern BIA, though it would be awesome, it'd be too much like RB6:V, I think BIA still has WW2 to do, like the Pacific, or The Mediterranean, Africa.

After those series, they could go on to Korea, then Vietnam(though not likely), maybe then Modern, since RB6 wont likely be around 15+ years from now.

#4easyco506Posted 10/17/2008 11:09:21 AM
If they went modern, I'd hope they'd still cover the 101st. It could be about an 101st squad in Afghanistan fighting in Ramadi or something.
#5Adams134gPosted 10/17/2008 10:10:29 PM
That would make since, since the Battle of the Bulge only occured two months later.
#6cid00100Posted 10/18/2008 7:22:56 AM
i dont know but i cant wait till the next one
#7Faramir862Posted 10/18/2008 1:55:46 PM
A modern day BIA game would suck, Modern day US 101st troops are no match for the afganistan freedom fighters.

The thing about world war 2 was that it was a fight, a real fight, against an enemy who actually posed a genuine threat, and a soldier in world war 2 really had to fight to survive, creating the whole comadre aspect of the series, which is an essential aspect.
---
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." - CJayC 6/3/2003
#8mohfrontlinePosted 10/19/2008 4:42:21 PM

yea I agree with ya.

As for the modern version, I think they'd be better off going with Vietnam based game, and Baker being like a general or something.

#9mohfrontlinePosted 10/19/2008 4:44:23 PM

Faramir86 posted...
A modern day BIA game would suck, Modern day US 101st troops are no match for the afganistan freedom fighters.

The thing about world war 2 was that it was a fight, a real fight, against an enemy who actually posed a genuine threat, and a soldier in world war 2 really had to fight to survive, creating the whole comadre aspect of the series, which is an essential aspect.
---
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." - CJayC 6/3/2003

you make an excellent point. soldiers in Iraq don't even have to fight, they just call in an airplane or tank and blow the bad guys to bits(most of which have no combat training). There's no real battles anymore. It's one-sided.

#10gamehell321Posted 10/20/2008 11:07:21 PM
Ocassionally a firefight, but mostly police work, like C.S.I. Iraq, lol.