The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Novaria peak 15: Mira Core

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Novaria peak 15: Mira Core
7 years ago#1
I just cant seem to figure out this puzzle on the memory core, how is this done? For those who don't remember, its 3 "memory cards" with 4 multisized blocks resembling a pyramid. I cant seem to find instructions on how to do this and have been struggling for almost an hour (yeah, I suck at puzzles) Can anyone explain this to me? I'd be suuuper appreciative, want to move on in this kickass game!
---
Producer...lol. The only thing she produced were boners-xxxGrImReApErxxx on the subject of Jade Raymond
7 years ago#2
If you look at the faq, it tells you the exact button sequence to push
7 years ago#3

Yeah, no worries, it's called the Pyramid puzzle or something like that (it's an actual puzzle that gets used a lot in cognitive testing, etc.). I can't remember the labels they used, so we'll call them X, Y, Z (from left to right). What you have to do is thus:

Move the top piece from X to Y
Move the second top piece from X to Z
Move the top piece from Y to Z
Move the third top piece from X to Y
Move the top piece from Z to X
Move the second top piece from Z to Y

... You should now have the bottom piece still on X and the rest of the pyramid on Y ...

Move the bottom piece from X to Z
Move the second top piece from Y to X
Move the top piece from Z to X
Move the third top piece from Y to Z
Move the second top piece from X to Z

... And that should solve your puzzle.

7 years ago#4
I think I recall that they had exactly the same puzzle in KOTOR - one of the puzzles in one of the Korriban tombs, except in that case they were rings, not blocks.
7 years ago#5
This puzzle is called the "Tower of Hanoi." Look it up on Wiki.
7 years ago#6
Well there you go - I knew it had a name. Maybe there's a quicker way of doing it than that I bashed out above - if there is, then I'm sure wiki will have it :P
7 years ago#7
Thanks, I just relised it was in the FAQ I was reading, but the faq first said: Solve the puzzle and move on, so I didnt think to look down and see the combo's for solving it *Looks down in shame*
---
Producer...lol. The only thing she produced were boners-xxxGrImReApErxxx on the subject of Jade Raymond
7 years ago#8
Was there a shorter way? I'm curious.
7 years ago#9
100 omni-gel FTW :)
7 years ago#10

One thing I have wondered, 100 OG guy - do you get the same amount of XP for omni-gelling the core as you do from solving the puzzle?

I've gotta say... I'm disappointed, very disappointed that there weren't more KOTOR style problems in the game - those things I found so much fun - I've still got the notepad beside the computer here which has all of my working out from playing through KOTOR and KOTOR II's problems years ago.

1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Novaria peak 15: Mira Core

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived