The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Novaria peak 15: Mira Core

#1NINJAMONKEY1Posted 3/31/2008 8:22:41 PM
I just cant seem to figure out this puzzle on the memory core, how is this done? For those who don't remember, its 3 "memory cards" with 4 multisized blocks resembling a pyramid. I cant seem to find instructions on how to do this and have been struggling for almost an hour (yeah, I suck at puzzles) Can anyone explain this to me? I'd be suuuper appreciative, want to move on in this kickass game!
---
Producer...lol. The only thing she produced were boners-xxxGrImReApErxxx on the subject of Jade Raymond
#2Bone_WolfPosted 3/31/2008 8:23:30 PM
If you look at the faq, it tells you the exact button sequence to push
#3TurambarGSPosted 3/31/2008 8:35:57 PM

Yeah, no worries, it's called the Pyramid puzzle or something like that (it's an actual puzzle that gets used a lot in cognitive testing, etc.). I can't remember the labels they used, so we'll call them X, Y, Z (from left to right). What you have to do is thus:

Move the top piece from X to Y
Move the second top piece from X to Z
Move the top piece from Y to Z
Move the third top piece from X to Y
Move the top piece from Z to X
Move the second top piece from Z to Y

... You should now have the bottom piece still on X and the rest of the pyramid on Y ...

Move the bottom piece from X to Z
Move the second top piece from Y to X
Move the top piece from Z to X
Move the third top piece from Y to Z
Move the second top piece from X to Z

... And that should solve your puzzle.

#4TurambarGSPosted 3/31/2008 8:37:57 PM
I think I recall that they had exactly the same puzzle in KOTOR - one of the puzzles in one of the Korriban tombs, except in that case they were rings, not blocks.
#5ajm317Posted 3/31/2008 9:38:51 PM
This puzzle is called the "Tower of Hanoi." Look it up on Wiki.
#6TurambarGSPosted 4/1/2008 4:37:45 AM
Well there you go - I knew it had a name. Maybe there's a quicker way of doing it than that I bashed out above - if there is, then I'm sure wiki will have it :P
#7NINJAMONKEY1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 3:58:23 PM
Thanks, I just relised it was in the FAQ I was reading, but the faq first said: Solve the puzzle and move on, so I didnt think to look down and see the combo's for solving it *Looks down in shame*
---
Producer...lol. The only thing she produced were boners-xxxGrImReApErxxx on the subject of Jade Raymond
#8TurambarGSPosted 4/3/2008 2:45:03 AM
Was there a shorter way? I'm curious.
#9tezcatilPosted 4/3/2008 2:48:53 AM
100 omni-gel FTW :)
#10TurambarGSPosted 4/3/2008 4:03:50 AM

One thing I have wondered, 100 OG guy - do you get the same amount of XP for omni-gelling the core as you do from solving the puzzle?

I've gotta say... I'm disappointed, very disappointed that there weren't more KOTOR style problems in the game - those things I found so much fun - I've still got the notepad beside the computer here which has all of my working out from playing through KOTOR and KOTOR II's problems years ago.