Infinite loot/magical crate bug, works for PC, check if it works for 360 please

#1Slic_MKWPosted 8/18/2009 4:28:00 AM

Going to quote the person who discovered this bug on ME PC, then copy/paste my response. I'm asking you guys to please check to see if this bug works on the 360. My suspicion is that it does.

peterfaj posted...

Go to Maroon Sea cluster, Matano system and land on planet Chasca. There is a science center on the map. Go inside it and go to the room on the bottom left on the map (of the science center). There is a hackable container. Hack it, take it's content, save, load, repeat. The container will be filled again, unless it only happened on my PC. Tell me if it works.

I've had some time to fiddle around with this crate some more. This magical crate is a regular gold mine! Not only does this crate reset every time you load a game, it also changes its loot depending on your level. As long as I load a save, this crate will always have something in it. I've literally looted it 100+ times at lower levels (taking trips back to sell stuff several times) and then went and boughtALL the Spectreweapons for my soldier at lvl 15!

I can loot it 100 times at lvl10, then come back as a lvl 40 and loot it 1000 more times. In fact, since it gives you xp each time you loot it, you could theoretically level yourself to all the way 60 using just this crate! However be warned: because I had nothing better to do at one point, I went and levelled 3 times off this crate - it's painfully slow, to say the least. :P Talk about game-breaking bugs though, this one is definitely a game-breaker. From now on, I'll always beat Feros 1st on my new characters, which will allow me to get the money for Spectre weapons as low as lvl10. This bug is just hilarious, full of win and sad all at the same time. I suspect thismagical cratealso exists on the 360, but since I don't have the 360 version, I'll have make a thread and hope 360 users can confirm this.

If anyone here has the ME for the 360, please, PLEASE checkto see if this bug works on the 360. That's Maroon Sea -> Matano -> Chasca, go to science facility, the lower left room will have a create with easy decryption. Loot it, save afterwards, reload the save and see if you can loot it again.

#2Slic_MKW(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2009 4:29:02 AM

Obviously, the most important thing here is that this crate not only gives infinite loot, but infinite XP. You can get lvl60 in one playthrough using this bug!

#3ZangulusPosted 8/18/2009 5:54:26 AM
That's not game breaking. There's already a known to work experience bug, and it takes longer to do the bug than to just level up normally, so that doesn't really break anything. There's also a couple of ways to get a crap load of money. That doesn't really break the game either, as getting that stuff a little early doesn't really make the game that much easier.
---
www.PestilenceWARE.Com/images/forums/07152009Kilt.JPG
-18.6 pounds.
#4treez_123Posted 8/18/2009 7:29:50 AM
its so damn easy to make money in this game
u don't even need to go out of your way to look for it, it looks for u

---
xbox live GT: Pig77
I Love pancakes. Repeat after me: Mmn mmn mmn mmh. I'm DEAD. *Wuhnunununuhhh*
#5willytonPosted 8/18/2009 8:47:14 AM
There is also a similar bug at Peak 15 in Noveria on the roof where you activate the Landlines... That crate can be looted and it refills when you reload...

Mind you, I only tried it like the original person I heard it from suggested... You have to be close to the elevator exit and save the game while the lock-on cursor is on the crate... When you load, the crate will be full, then you go back to the elevator, rinse and repeat...
#6PiazzaPosted 8/18/2009 8:47:16 AM
Money is no big deal and the XP offered is too low to make a difference (seriously, I aint leveling up to 60 with a crate, it'll take a century).

However, if this crate drops good loot (Collosus Armor) then it'd be worth it.
---
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby
#7kmanweissPosted 8/18/2009 8:51:12 AM
Since there is an infinite xp glitch already, this doesn't seem that amazing. And the fact that it would take hours and hours at higher experience levels means its still much easier to just new game+. Cash is hardly a concern in this game. This is the first game ever where I bought everything and anything I wanted...I end up maxed on credits so fast and so often it's kinda silly....I really hope the economic system of ME2 is a little different.
The one thing that would be interesting about this glitch is high level equipment. Get to lvl 55+ and exploit this like mad. You keep getting good gear in the 9-10 range, and unlike the save/load merchant trick, you get a little exp on the side while doing it.
#8Slic_MKW(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2009 4:05:33 PM

Piazza posted...
Money is no big deal and the XP offered is too low to make a difference (seriously, I aint leveling up to 60 with a crate, it'll take a century).

However, if this crate drops good loot (Collosus Armor) then it'd be worth it.
---
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. ~ Rogers Hornsby

I've gotten a couple Colossus armor (1 Quarian) from this crate.