"Good" or "Evil"?

#1promist_landPosted 10/19/2009 4:29:27 PM
I'll use those terms lightly since your "Alignment" is decided through conversations. Basically, I'm just wondering if you prefer to be nice to people, or be a complete a-hole, or a little bit of both?
---
"Why would hit a poor innocent switch? You monster!" - KeybladeRYNO666
#2ss7gogetenksPosted 10/19/2009 6:17:02 PM
"evil" lets me kill more things so evil.

---
Now Moloading...gamertag = HI MEME
#3myztikricePosted 10/19/2009 6:29:50 PM
You're still saving the universe. None of the choices are really 'evil' per se.
---
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin
#4chipmunxPosted 10/19/2009 7:14:31 PM
I like a mix of Good Cop and Bad Cop, myself.

Doesn't get me a lot of bonuses, but it helps my character seem more interesting than "Eternal Doormat" or "Eternal Jerkass".
---
Gamertag: Fudzie
Can play summers and winter breaks.
#5The PersonPosted 10/19/2009 9:32:44 PM
If I'm playing as "myself," I'm usually good to good people, and a jerk to bad people. Just makes the game more satisfying.
---
*Kills Topic*
#6DethuliPosted 10/19/2009 10:03:18 PM
Sometimes the paragon options are better, and sometimes the renegade options are better. Case in point, I like being nice to Conrad Verner until my third encounter with him, then I shove a gun in his face. Nothing beats seeing a grown man cry.
---
This is my impaling wall. It's where I put the bodies.
#7Tenkaichi_PlayaPosted 10/20/2009 12:12:53 AM
I use a mix of Paragon and Renegade. Not only does it help flesh out your Shepard, but it can end hilariously. My current Shepard is highly cynical and joking, thus I'll always pick some joking response when possible.

Also, TC, I was just thinking how much you reminded me of Santa Clause.
---
I don't think a Geth sniper is going to be "Oh I love your hair, it's too nice to mess up by putting a bullet through your skull."- ThaBenMan
#8MantikorePosted 10/20/2009 1:14:17 AM
after playing a few times, i now choose the ones that give me the most stuff
---
bbs.zoklet.net
#9StonedwolfedPosted 10/20/2009 6:57:28 AM
I played it once through as a soldier, and tried to be what I wanted to be, rather than follow their alignment system. I thought of myself as tough-guy, but a professional soldier.

I ended up with maximum renegade points, maximum intimidate, but a bit of charm and a fair amount of paragon stuff too.

I won't bother playing a second time. But I did enjoy the first game.
#10ArchMageSynokPosted 10/20/2009 9:18:59 AM
In games like this (ie: Kotor, Fallout3, Morrowind) with "good" and "evil" choices I always first play as a totally good guy, then a totally bad guy, to see the two extremes the game offers. then with my third character I either choose a neutral or mixed play through, depend on what I feel like doing at the time.
---
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2-Psychonauts