total amount of skill points/adept build

#1DumatPosted 3/3/2010 10:53:09 PM
What is the total amount of skill points you will get if you go all the way to level 60?

Also, can anyone help me with an adept build? I want the best possible.
---
GT: WanderingMidget
#2GlavewurmPosted 3/3/2010 11:30:27 PM
You gain 100 skill points, and start with 2 points already placed, so 102 total.

As for the best adept build, I'm not sure there is any one specific best, but I'd do something like:

Bonus Talent : Assault Rifle - 11
Barrier - 12
Throw - 12
Lift - 12
Singularity - 12
Stasis - 12
Warp - 12
Adept/Bastion - 12
Spectre Training - 4

With 3 left that could go into Basic Armor. I'm not sure if that is worth it or not though, since the passive Bastion Barrier Mastery regen stops Shield boost from regenning your Barrier making it's usefulness far more limited. But I'm not sure where else to put the points. A 12th point in Assault Rifles isn't that useful since Overkill is rarely a big deal, and the 12th point just upgrades Overkill and doesn't give passive bonuses. Charm and Intimidate can be filled up for free and since you mention you want the "best" I'd assume they would be. Pistols are inferior to ARs unless you put all 12 talent points in, which requires 5 points into Basic Armor, and this tangent is about if 3 is worth it, so 5 definitely isn't. All that leaves is Spectre Training, and it's benefits are pretty small and mostly worth it for Unity.

In short, the above list, with the last 3 points going into either Basic Armor or Spectre Training is what I'd call the best Adept build.
---
#3TPJrPosted 3/4/2010 8:11:53 AM
As Glavewurm mentioned, there is no "best"... It's only "best" to what suits YOU...

For me, I planned on taking my Adept through Hardcore and i'm currently playing on Insanity... And since this was the "build" for the "Perfect Shepard" my Charm is one point away from being Maxed, but my Initmidate is only at level 7?, but using the Lorik glitch I should be able to get it to at least 10... But it doesn't really matter since I already completed my Renegade run...

But anyway, this is my Setup...

Basic Armor 12
Pistol 0
Throw 8
Lift 7
Warp 8
Singularity 7
Barrier 12
Stasis 12
Assault Rifle (Bonus Talent) 12
Bastion 12
Spectre Training 12

So basically I was going for Defense...and I at the very least got each of my powers to the Advanced level... I'm sure if I only played on Normal or Hardcore that I wouldn't need to bother with Basic Armor...but I like to be safe than sorry...

Besides, I don't need to Max my abilities out... Right now, I just Stasis any "tough" enemy... Throw a Singularity out... And as 3 or 4 of my enemies start swirling around in a circle; I activate my Overkill and all die before they hit the ground... I can only imagine how the battle would go if I actually put more points into those abilities... But this works for me...no regrets...

If I had to compare our two builds, I'd say Glavewurm is a true Adept... Using his/her powers to turn the tide of the battle field... Heavier Hitting and Wider Range of Biotic ability and more "air" time... Me...I more of a Vanguard (or w/e one is Weapon and Biotics)... Yes, I use my abilities to warp the battle but I also use my gun...

So whereas Glavewurm uses the full potential of his abilities to reduce cool down times and have a greater impact on the enemy and/or battlefield... I use my Spectre Training to gain more health, damage with my Assault Rifle; while at the same time reducing the cool down and effect of my abilities... Not to mention to being able to take a bit of punishment if I get caught off guard without my barrier up... :P
---
[My signature has been modded by a GameFAQs Moderator] : Loss of 3 Karma
PSN: TPJr
#4SimbaccaPosted 3/4/2010 12:33:43 PM
00 Basic Armor
00 Pistols
12 Throw
12 Lift
12 Barrier
12 Stasis
12 Warp
12 Singularity