What's your favourite Background Story?

#1FearOfTheLightPosted 3/9/2010 2:43:43 PM
I prefer the Spacer+War Hero but find the Colonist+Sole Survivor really interesting and flexible to base a 'neutral' character upon.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#2azngamer16Posted 3/9/2010 7:47:33 PM
Colonist+War Hero.

Tragic childhood to hero might be cliche but I like it.
---
I'm like Hadouken cause I'm Down-Right-Fierce
#3Mr_CollinsPosted 3/10/2010 5:39:19 AM
Based on the assignments that open, my favorite is Earthborn - War Hero.

Based on the backgrounds themselves, Colonist - Sole Survivor or Colonist - War Hero.

I never use Spacer though.
---
~Tom
#4The5thSeraphPosted 3/10/2010 12:13:01 PM
Do combinations make any difference?
My first Soldier Shepherd was Earthborn Sole-Survivor... (and no, it wasn't the default char, just a coincidence).
My current Adept Shepherd is Colonist Ruthless ... but it has made hardly any difference to the game so far. Even playing through the game as Renegade instead of Paragon has made hardly any difference so far (though it might be the lack of points in Intimidate that does it).

---
** []\/[] //\\ [])) []\/[] //\\ []\[] **
#5Mr_CollinsPosted 3/10/2010 12:55:27 PM
You mean will the War Hero part of a Colonist - War Hero be any different than the War Hero part of a Spacer War Hero?

No, you can the same background quests regardless of what other choices you make.

Morality isn't so much a game changer as it is a function of how you play the game. If that makes sense.

That is, a Paragon won' be faced with different situations than a Renegade, but he may react to them differently.
---
~Tom
#6DarthBilfPosted 3/10/2010 6:35:22 PM
I always choose Colonist-War Hero.
#7Brother MaynardPosted 3/12/2010 12:07:09 AM
Spacer, Colonist, Earthborne

I like the quest for Earthborne the best

Sole survivor, War hero, Ruthless

I think the War Hero is the best, because it makes a specific mission make much bigger sense. (the mission with the missing satelite)

-Brother Maynard
#8FearOfTheLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2010 3:22:38 PM
I've also noticed that according to recognition:
War Hero---gets a lot of notice and reference to the Blitz!
Ruthless---also get's noticed albeit people would always talk about your 'victory' not how you attained
it on Torfan!
Sole Survivor---get recognized by certain individuals as the sole survivor yet we all know that
SPOILERS FOLLOW---

You aren't the Sole Survivor as Corporal Toombs had also gotten away from the thresher maw's clutches and survived the Akuze horror.

---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden