Noob: Are there any side quests in particular that I should do?

#1DuwstaiPosted 2/26/2011 9:11:19 PM(edited)
Well I just got this game, Im a Vanguard and Ive finished Feros and the Liara missions so far without doing pretty much any side quests.

I plan to do a couple just to get some experience points, equipment, and maybe money since Im really broke... are there any in particular that give good rewards? Or are they all basically the same?

I dont really care about achievements unless they give me something worthwhile in this playthrough.

Basically I only plan on doing maybe a handful (more if absolutely worth it), then continuing with the main quests since I am loving this game right now.. yet I know that grinding away on side quests will bore me to tears after only a couple attempts.

Btw I do plan on moving straight on to ME2 if that affects it.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#2RetroMetroidPosted 2/26/2011 9:12:00 PM
They all give you money (which is worthless after a while) and XP.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944907-mass-effect-2/53322093

^ That has all the sidequests that carry over to ME2, if you want to go by import options.
---
"The Flying Dutchman! She's a bad omen, boy" "What about them?"
"Mermaids. They be sexy omens. The sea be real confusin'"
#3Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 9:32:10 PM
Hmm thanks.

But there are none in particular that either give you more money... or perhaps allow you to find superior equipment along the way in the crates and such?
---
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#4RunitePosted 2/26/2011 9:36:03 PM
No.

But, UNC: Rogue VI lets you Prestige. Some characters won't need it, but some will.
#5Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2011 9:45:33 PM
Ok thanks for the heads up.
---
#6darth_hectorPosted 2/26/2011 11:39:29 PM
I've found that once your level starts to increase, the equipment you pick up on sidequests is often redundant and can be sold for a lot of money, more than any cash reward you'll receive in-game. I got the "rich" achievement on my first playthrough by selling a lot of the mark V and mark VI low quality weapons. The level 20 mission on the Moon gives you a lot of good stuff to sell and make sure to get to about level 25 or so doing other sidequests, then go do "hostile takeover" (initiated by talking to Helena Blake near the consort on citadel) and you should get good loot and experience from the mission. Whichever sidequests you end up doing, make sure you have a character with high decryption so that you can open all of the safes with items in them.
---
DS FC: 5113 3564 4841
#7Duwstai(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2011 4:19:02 AM
Yeah, I just finished the third plot planet, which for me was Noveria (did Feros first, then the one where you get Liara). I think Im around lvl 20-25, cant remember.

How do you initiate the moon one you speak of?

Also, I have to do all the side quests before I go to Virmire correct? (no spoilers please).
---
#8BeamupPosted 2/27/2011 7:29:21 AM
The Luna assignment is given automatically when you hit level 20; there will be a transmission when you access the Galaxy Map.

And you don't technically have to complete all assignments you want to before Virmire, but it's a good idea.

BTW, any assignment will give good money and equipment - there just aren't any that are particularly outstanding.
---
The plural of anecdote is not data.
#9WingBowlMVPPosted 2/27/2011 7:46:15 AM
Tc the best reason to do side quests is not achievements (I mention this because you said you don't care about them). The best reason to do them is many of them add story, back story, and greater understanding of the situations, characters, and facts about the game universe. Also if you enjoy the story missions many of the side quests play the same and are just as enjoyable and I find more challenging.
#10MichoticPosted 2/27/2011 8:48:36 AM
I recommend doing Wrex's side quest. Talk to him after a couple plot missions are done, and he'll talk about it. Or, while exploring, if you come across the right planet and enter the right building, he'll bring it up.
---
PSN - Fakade000
Xbox Live - Fakade