Question about Wrex and Fist... *spoilers*

#1KingMiniMoniPosted 2/29/2012 7:42:30 AM
I'm on my second playthrough now. My first was as a Renegade and I killed Fist myself. Now I'm playing as a Paragon and was planning on letting Fist live this time around, but I got Wrex in my team and he just shoots the guy. I know he gave me a warning and all that, but I thought I would be able to stop it from happening somehow.

I take it I'm not able to switch Wrex out for someone else at this point? Already got Garrus...
---
MvC3: Captain America - C.Viper - Arthur / Magneto - Dormammu - She-Hulk
#2JosieJPosted 2/29/2012 8:04:07 AM
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think that before you get your ship, the only opportunity you have to switch someone out of your party is when another person joins it. So unless you have a save from before you let Wrex into your team, you may be out of luck.
#3Moogle_YunaPosted 2/29/2012 8:09:15 AM
My understanding is that Wrex will always kill Fist because it's his job, so the only way to keep Fist alive is to not take Wrex with you to Chora's Den. I think, anyway. You can still get the paragon points for telling Wrex that Fist surrendered, but I don't think Fist lives if Wrex is in your party at that point.
#4GalluszPosted 2/29/2012 9:49:19 AM
Im pretty sure When you reach Fist Wrex just comes in and kills him anyway
#5KingMiniMoni(Topic Creator)Posted 2/29/2012 10:14:16 AM
Is that so? I looked at the list of things that carry over to ME2 and it mentions this:

- Fist outcome Let go/Killed
---
MvC3: Captain America - C.Viper - Arthur / Magneto - Dormammu - She-Hulk
#6JohnnySomethingPosted 2/29/2012 11:14:22 AM
Yeah I'm pretty certain Wrex won't show up to kill First if he's not in the party. Even so, you could just technically not recruit Wrex beforehand I think. But that's kind of a drastic solution.
#7MattheauPosted 3/1/2012 2:45:57 AM
Wrex will always kill Fist if he is in the party. There is absolutely no way to prevent that. If I remember correctly, Shepard has the option to kill Fist himself before Wrex does.

If Wrex is not in the party, killing Fist is optional. Fist will only die if Shepard kills him.
#8a_lil_monsterPosted 3/2/2012 9:41:23 AM
Mass Effect 2 spoiler**

There's not much of an effect his surviving has. You just see him in some random bar I believe and he has maybe one or two lines.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Super Mario 3D Land
Proudly gotten 100% on all 3D Mario games (except the current one)
#9JohnnySomethingPosted 3/2/2012 2:14:01 PM(edited)
Mattheau posted...
Wrex will always kill Fist if he is in the party. There is absolutely no way to prevent that. If I remember correctly, Shepard has the option to kill Fist himself before Wrex does.

If Wrex is not in the party, killing Fist is optional. Fist will only die if Shepard kills him.

Nah, I took Wrex with me and he kills Fist before Shepard even gets a choice about his fate.
#10Moogle_YunaPosted 3/2/2012 5:45:21 PM
Read matteau's last paragraph again...
'if Wrex is in the party'
...which is what he said. no Wrex, you can let fist live. have Wrex with you, he gets a cap popped in his 'donkey'.