*sighs* 59th street...

#1kerbe3Posted 9/18/2008 8:56:39 PM
you sure were hard...took me like 10 tries to beat you....though my insistence to drive through you in 1st person mode may have had something to do with it. Alas, I defeated you and got the achievement just like 100s of other gamers out there ^.^

Blind spots FTW!!!
---
Grey: I SENSE DIALOGUE AHEAD. TIME TO SWITCH TO MODEL A BECAUSE THE DEVELOPERS WERE TOO LAZY TO MAKE ME ALTERNATE PORTRAITS.
#2mimic-DenmarkPosted 9/19/2008 9:58:25 AM
I loved that level, truly epic! :)
#3kerbe3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2008 11:51:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4kerbe3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2008 11:52:11 AM
It's not nearly as epic in 1st person though...just harder. Blind spots+world falling apart around you=/=a good time >.<
---
Grey: I SENSE DIALOGUE AHEAD. TIME TO SWITCH TO MODEL A BECAUSE THE DEVELOPERS WERE TOO LAZY TO MAKE ME ALTERNATE PORTRAITS.
#5mimic-DenmarkPosted 9/19/2008 4:42:05 PM

[QUOTE="kerbe3"]It's not nearly as epic in 1st person though...just harder. Blind spots+world falling apart around you=/=a good time >.

#6mimic-DenmarkPosted 9/19/2008 4:42:50 PM

Depends. I played vehicle sequences in third person and on foot in first person as much as i could. When i completed the game, i wanted to try and get that cockpit achievement, so i went back to the 59th street level and completed it the first time i tried it inside the cockpit.

#7kerbe3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2008 4:51:27 PM
Yea see you already did that level. Knowing about the achievement I was determined to get it right away. So I did not get to enjoy the epicness of that level the first time through as it was done in 1st person. Well ok...it still was epic, just not AS epic, you know what I mean? I only just finished the 3rd episode as well.
---
#8mimic-DenmarkPosted 9/19/2008 5:00:00 PM

Not saying you should do it like this, but i found it better to just play games the first time without knowing what achievement unlocks after what you are doing.

Because if know of some achievement then you will try and play it in a way you maybe woundt have if you didnt know.

Normally when i complete games, i first then look at the achievements. And then i go back and try to get some more if i enjoyed the game.

#9kerbe3(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2008 7:47:16 PM
Yea I see what you're saying. Usually I look up what achievements exist for a game just for the heck of it. But I heard how hard [sort of] 59th street was. So I thought, what the hey, and decided to go for that achievement right away. This was the only time I tried to get an achievement right away.

Or..when I got to the level, I didn't skip RIGHT to that level ^.^
---
#10Mr_Lonely_XIIIPosted 9/26/2008 10:46:15 AM
So I am having some trouble with this level. Im going for the cockpit achievement and can make it through the entire level, but when i drive up the stairs and crash through the window, there is no ground to land on...I just fall and die.

Where the hell am I supposed to go after going up those stairs?
---
"The speed of light is about 2 frames"-Idle