gaining the vampire killer's true ability

#1Shellman704Posted 11/17/2010 1:00:46 PM
I am having trouble defeating the memory of richter. I try to spam him with cream pies and use different armor combonations. How much HP does he have? I know I have had to be close to killing him before. Also is there a particular set of armor that works better? Should I use healing mail or holy mail? Any and all tips are greatly appreciated!!
---
Currently playing: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, NBA2k11 & Hitman: Blood Money
XBL: ShellmanQCM PSN: Shellman704
#2Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2010 1:02:52 PM
Btw I am lvl 51, should I be higher? I assumed lvl51 is high enough and I have collected all items/MP up/HP up from all paintings except 13th street so I should have good enough gear...
---
Currently playing: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, NBA2k11 & Hitman: Blood Money
#3HanMyongPosted 11/17/2010 2:27:35 PM
Try the Ancient Armor. It's a drop from Old Axe Armor. I think he has 5000 hp (at least he does on hard mode). Also try using Nebula, it'll reach Richter from just outside his cross boomerang but it doesn't do much for damage. The fight lasts pretty long.
#4jouluturkkiPosted 11/18/2010 1:40:58 AM
I used to have trouble against him too. Keep your distance, because his whip strikes fast does heavy damage, also, keep jumping as much as you can so you can throw as many cream pies as possible and avoid his knives and the whip, which are probably the two of his most lethal attacks.

The main issue I had here is that he has 5000hp and takes quite a while to defeat, so you must stay focused and keep your guard up. If all else fails, you could always farm some money and stack your inventory full of potions...
#5King-gamerPosted 11/18/2010 2:19:53 AM
Here's what you'll need:
-Holy Mail for his holy attacks, (or Ancient Armor, depends which takes less damage, can't remember which)
-Mastered Cream Pie
-Jet Black Whip
-Some potions, just in case.

Since both Jet Black Whip and Cream Pie deal dark damage, they should be super effective against Richter. Jump up just slightly in front, above him and spam the hell out of the Cream Pie and you can whip him a couple of times if you want, though it is quite risky if you don't know how to abuse his AI. If you spam the cream pie fast enough, there's a chance that he will be stunned and that's when you spam the hell out of the pies non-stop before he recovers. If you get pushed to the corner, super jump out of there, or if you don't have super Jump, do the regular double jump while avoiding him.

Alternatively, you can use the Nebula whip which should be *just* outside the Holy Cross's range. Although Nebula does very little damage and will take forever to kill.

I can get the whip at lvl 1 cap, but on my non capped playthrough, I think I got the whip at about lvl 40 IIRC, so you should be high enough to get it.
#6Dukun212Posted 11/18/2010 9:42:14 AM
Throw the Shuriken at him. it is fast, has long range and it can stun him if you keep spamming it at him.
#7Shellman704(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2010 1:14:36 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! too bad right after I created this topic i beat richter on first try by tering him up with my maxed out cream pie doing 80 ea hit after I boosted my INT with INT gear... using the jet black whip helped as well since, like cream pie, deals dark damage which richters memory is weak against

I have a question about the vampire killer, all the talk in the game of this weapon is that it drains life. It doesn't drain my HP or anything... does it affect the ending? Ive been using it for about 1000 out of my 8000 kills. Any info on the vampire killer is appreciated!
---
#8Dukun212Posted 11/18/2010 5:19:33 PM
The Vampire Killer doesn't has any side effects.
#9AzardeaPosted 11/22/2010 1:36:28 PM
It does nothing bad ingame. It isn't even mentioned after that, IIRC.