The random class challenge ._.

#11SmeargIePosted 12/30/2008 8:47:56 AM
Why do you still have Faris as a freelancer?
---
It's an outdated book full of morals from over 2000 years ago. - zxcvb55, on the bible.
I wish I was Santa Claus, he gets all the Hos. - ZenAndTonic
#12Bananamatic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2008 1:25:04 PM
Dancer is obtained after Archeoaevis, so she is a Dancer now.
Beat Gilgamesh, hoped he wouldn't use Jump too often and on the correct chars.
#13ArmengardPosted 12/30/2008 5:23:44 PM
Can someone answer my question? Can the Freelancers use the abilities they've learned before Karnak until you acquire the job they need to change to, or do they have to have no abilities equipped?
---
http://usera.ImageCave.com/Armengard/Sodina.jpg
I sleep in a cave in the Palace of Wisdom. Member of the Indigo Dreamchaser Society.
#14Bananamatic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2008 4:31:55 AM
Nope, no abilities and they can't use em after they get their fixed class either.
Anyways now I can get Hi-Potions in a shop.
Dragon Grass was easy as usual, Atomos took 2 attempts....still nothing hard.
Level 25, crystal guardians next.
#15ArmengardPosted 12/31/2008 7:02:53 AM
Alright, thanks(though I did end up doing that anyways to be safe a bit after asking, it's always good to know for sure).
---
I sleep in a cave in the Palace of Wisdom. Member of the Indigo Dreamchaser Society.
#16Bananamatic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 7:10:59 AM
Up to Exdeath, level 28.
Easy until he starts doing 2 attacks in 1 turn, then I die.....
Anyone knows when he starts doing that?
#17ArmengardPosted 1/2/2009 10:43:38 AM
I just beat him myself. If I'm looking at the algorithms FAQ from the SNES board correctly, he starts up the Vacuum Wave BS when he has less than 16000 HP(His max HP are 32768). It looks like he also changes his strategy when he falls below 7000 too, but I've never noticed.

Interestingly enough, he was hilariously easy with a summoner(he only hit me twice, if you don't count his death sentence spell). I'm at level 25 and 26 now, and so far, my Bard's been saving me during the random encounters. Romeo's Ballad and Alluring Air are a hell of a lot more effective than I remember. Those fights with a red and blue dragon were still a virtual death sentence, though, since they enjoyed spamming their breath attacks right off the bat, and then killing my Blue Mage with physicals(how'd they know to start up the physicals when everyone else was dead?). I'm really glad I'm getting a set of Kaiser Knuckles soon; my monk's been doing next to nothing damage-wise for quite some time. All in all though, I'd say I rolled a pretty lucky team, since the only boss I've had trouble with was Gilgamesh on the Big Bridge so far.
---
#18Bananamatic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 11:02:42 AM
My Monk does 580-600 damage if both of his hits hit and none go critical.
Ninja can do 1200 damage if all 3 hits hit, 3740 with Excalipoor and 1700 with other thrown weapons.
Geomancer.....pure crap.
Mostly Gust, 170 damage, sometimes Wind Slash for 600 and Sonic Boom which seems to do % damage so it fails.
Dancer has 690 HP on level 29, dies in front row from a physical, so both Geomancer and Dancer are in the back row healing.
No way to get Shell/Protect/Reflect for me, so it's pretty hard;o
Any way to get a second Twin Lance at this point or something?
#19ArmengardPosted 1/2/2009 11:41:37 AM
Nope on the twin lances. The only way to get more would be to steal them at Bal. You'll probably just have to level a bit and hope you get lucky. By the way, have you equipped an Air Knife on your Geomancer? It should make your Gust damage slightly less pathetic(though I don't know for sure if !Gaia is strengthened by element boosting gear). Also, do you have an old save from before the Barrier Tower? Reflect Rings would probably be a godsend for the fight. =/
---
#20xylophone2Posted 1/6/2009 6:22:25 AM
This sounds pretty fun. Guess I'll try it to. Looks like I'll be using a berserker, red mage, and 2 dancers.
---
How am I supposed to make a signature with only 1 font?