The random class challenge ._.

#21ArmengardPosted 1/7/2009 12:24:37 AM
Whew. I must say that learning Mighty Guard from Azulmagia(I can't remember his name on this version. Apocalypse?) by firing off the Wonder Wand until it casts Reflect, and then hoping he casts Mighty Guard before it wears off, AND that it happens to hit my Blue Mage, was a nightmare. I was in that last battle for three hours. I died once, too, and since I'm doing this as legit as possible(and thus foregoing save states), I had to fight that damn book goat again and walk all the way back to the castle, tacking on even more time. NEVER AGAIN.
---
http://usera.ImageCave.com/Armengard/Sodina.jpg
I sleep in a cave in the Palace of Wisdom. Member of the Indigo Dreamchaser Society.
#22silktailPosted 1/7/2009 4:40:18 PM
I must say that learning Mighty Guard from Azulmagia

Why didn't you use the Wonder Wand to confuse Stingrays? (Or the Dancing dagger's confuse if you prefer.)

I died once, too, and since I'm doing this as legit as possible(and thus foregoing save states), I had to fight that damn book goat again

Probably should have gone back to the save position just before the Apanda and saved. Although it wastes time dodging Omega again, it is much closer and safer than going to Azulmagia's save point afterwards.
---
#23ArmengardPosted 1/7/2009 7:48:19 PM
Why didn't you use the Wonder Wand to confuse Stingrays? (Or the Dancing dagger's confuse if you prefer.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! D=

*insert pic of Jill Valentine holding her head in horror as Nemesis blows up the chopper here*

...I thought you had to control them . T_T

Probably should have gone back to the save position just before the Apanda and saved. Although it wastes time dodging Omega again, it is much closer and safer than going to Azulmagia's save point afterwards.

Well, for starters, my paranoia was justified when, on my way out, this happened:

http://i41.tinypic.com/oqaesh.png

I guess it was a good thing, really, since I was playing for far too long. =/

Well, at least I have this trophy:

http://i43.tinypic.com/34doown.png

Please don't take that away from me, silky. It's all I have now. =(
---
I sleep in a cave in the Palace of Wisdom. Member of the Indigo Dreamchaser Society.
#24Bananamatic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2009 6:55:03 AM
Atleast that you have Golem, Reflect AND Mighty Guard....
Leveling is sure boring on a real GBA without 10x speed=/
#25ArmengardPosted 1/8/2009 10:58:55 AM
I agree. That's probably the most annoying part of my challenge. I had to take fast forward off of my joypad 'cuz I kept trying to use it. Lousy speed addiction.
---
#26drag0neerPosted 1/16/2009 11:22:26 AM
Butz: 54 ~ Red Mage
Lenna: 55 ~ Beastmaster
Galuf/Cara: 52 ~ Summoner
Faris/Sarisa: 51 ~ Time Mage

Yeah, those numbers are really random... when they're practically the same >_<

Re-doing:

Butz: 21 ~ Monk [=D]
Lenna: 45 ~ Samurai [I am personally banning Zeninage from this run]
Galuf/Cara: 30 ~ Black Mage [Shame there's no Hadoken spell...]
Faris/Sarisa: 37 ~ Geomancer [I've never used this class properly before >_<]

This could be fun!
---
You'll die as you lived, in a flash of the blade. In a corner, forgotten by no-one. You live for the touch, for the feel of the steel. One man, and his honour.
#27ExkalipoorPosted 1/19/2009 9:22:50 AM
Chemist
Summoner
Dancer
Blackmage

Gwah, weak classes. The chemist hasnīt good effects, the summoners eidolons are not so strong as I expected and the dancer? He is a fighter which stats that arenīt like a fighter. Soul Canoon, Aeroavis...the whole time make minor damage. Pyroblast...drain mp, drain mp.
Next are Titan and Manticore, which rape me with they attacks. Iīm on level 18 and have just 400-500 hp lol.
#28star_wars1138Posted 1/19/2009 11:34:47 AM
Black Mage
Knight
Beast Master
Samurai

neh... somewhat powerful, but no white mage x_x
#29ExkalipoorPosted 1/24/2009 2:30:49 AM
Summoner
Dancer
Chemist
Blackmage

Stand in front of the final Boss on level 39. The Summoner could kill the most random encounter, the Dancers sword dance is pretty cool. I have a question, is more then one equipment which increases sword dance effective? Or is there no difference, if he wears one or two or three dancer-equipment?
The Blackmage was very...complementary to the Summoner, sometimes he was useful, sometimes he was just pathetic in difference.
At least the Chemist, he was the ass in my team. Most of the time he just defend, but if there was trouble, he was a uber support. Though I hadnīt much Dark Matter, Turtle Shells and Dragons.

Next team is Knight, Samurai, Berserk and Geomancer, more or less the opposite of my old team.
#30silktailPosted 1/24/2009 9:29:48 PM
is more then one equipment which increases sword dance effective? Or is there no difference, if he wears one or two or three dancer-equipment?

No difference between 1 and 3 pieces.
They basically set Sword Dance to 50% by removing the 25% chance of Tempting Tango, they can't change anything else.

Though I hadnīt much Dark Matter, Turtle Shells and Dragons.

Oh.... I thought you were saying that "The chemist hasnīt good effects" because you couldn't use !Mix (as per the challenge said).

!Mix should make most problem encounters easy. Although as you say, the level cap does put a limit on ingredient farming for it.
---