Everyone's white hair upsets me

#1badassmarkPosted 12/12/2010 12:22:27 AM
I know it more closely resembles the "original" art, but it drives me mad how radically different the appearance is between the sprites and the portraits. They could have at least tried to match the hair color, it wouldn't be hard to just color-swap...
And also, I may get flamed for saying this and am probobly one of the few... but I freakin HATE Armano's or whatever his name is art. I think it's ridiculously goofy and redundant, why final fantasy has stuck with him for so long I will never understand... I guess I'll give him points for originality though
#2reb8Posted 12/12/2010 5:40:29 AM
I'm confused because the only time my characters have white hair is when they are hit with the "old" spell. Did I miss or misunderstand something?
#3HozuPosted 12/12/2010 5:52:57 AM
He's talking about the portrait pictures. I don't like them either.
#4samurai gorohPosted 12/12/2010 8:32:55 AM
Well, the portraits are made to match Amano's art (the OFFICIAL art)...

And the reason why their hair are so different in the game was so that you could distinguish the characters easily. (Imagine at the end a group of blondies. You could hardly tell who is who)
#5badassmark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2010 4:33:36 PM
yeah, I understand making it easier to tell the characters apart in game, but my question is why didnt they change the PORTRAITS. Amano's art needs to all be buried in a huge hole somewhere... But since they changed the in-game characters hair I was wondering.. why galuf? He would have worked fine with white hair. I mean he is old after all, it would make sense. Plus his brown hair matches Bartz brown hair and thus defeats the purpose of differentiating the characters.
My theory is that even the game designers realized that amano's characters suck...
#6silktailPosted 12/13/2010 5:40:33 PM
I was wondering.. why galuf? He would have worked fine with white hair. I mean he is old after all, it would make sense.

But what would the Aging status sprites look like then?
---
#7badassmark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2010 8:10:47 PM
galuf should be immune to aging
#8silktailPosted 12/14/2010 3:47:32 PM
galuf should be immune to aging

That doesn't make sense. Aging constantly makes the character older (their stats gradually decrease), rather than just making someone old. So even an old man would become older still.
---
#9LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 12/14/2010 5:48:33 PM
Galuf's hair always seemed "graying" to me as it was. Like that point between fully colored hair and white hair. But I do agree that the portraits are ridiculous. I hate Amano's art too, and while it has originality and distinctiveness, those don't make it good.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#10shadow chao 10Posted 12/23/2010 1:02:03 AM
I cannot stand Amano's art. I hate this game's portraits and I hate Dissidia's use of Amano-Terra even more.
---
The best videogame storylines ever: The Way, Mother 3, The World Ends With You.