The no spend/limited item challenge **very few spoilers**

#11Some_HoarPosted 11/24/2012 7:33:26 AM
-No game breaking with the Chemistís abilities (same)

you might as well just ban !Mix then
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#12yesZnes(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 3:16:10 PM
Maybe exclude item use, period (except for elixirs on magic pots!)

Its been pretty smooth sailing with a Ninja, !Gaia, !Animals and !Control.. so much so that I've banned Control unless it's to get a Blue spell.
#13MMSMBPosted 11/29/2012 7:24:31 AM(edited)
yesZnes posted...

Its been pretty smooth sailing with a Ninja, !Gaia, !Animals and !Control.. so much so that I've banned Control unless it's to get a Blue spell.

What would be the use of 100% treasures if you are not going to use the items you collect

Did you manage to kill Sol cannon?

I can't make a new save file now since the finals are coming after 1 week -_-. I'll try to squeeze in some boss fights and upload them to Youtube
---
Welcome! If you're going to be traveling in these parts, I'd
recommend a Flame Shield.
#14MMSMBPosted 11/29/2012 10:02:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15MMSMBPosted 11/29/2012 12:42:25 PM(edited)
I'll be following all guidelines except the one about the drops... i'll only farm Cheries for their hermes sandals nothing more :p

i also reached Ifrit.

Defeated Byblos using a party of 4 beastmasters that had caught 4 page 64's and waited for him to cast Magic hammer *will be useful against Gilgamesh* then i unleashed all pages on him, each dealt 1020 damage which basically killed him in 1 turn.

-Party is level 15,14,14,14

-Abilities: !blue, !check, !summon lv2, learning and !calm For everyone.

Edit: Ramuh pwned by team of Beastmasters, 3 had blue and spammed Aera while the last Beastmaster spammed calm to stop Ramuh in his tracks. This is pretty easy ;/ only challenge was Liquid flame.
---
#16silktailPosted 11/29/2012 7:55:48 PM
yesZnes posted...

Does that include item use outside of battle too?
E.g. Holy Water, the Golem item, and the Tent you use to advance the plot.
---
#17MMSMBPosted 11/30/2012 1:09:06 AM
I've been using normal items and accepting drops from monsters, but i won't farm their drops.
And i've been spending gil at inns since im too lazy to go to cid's place and use the pot.

It has been easy so far, never would have thought !catch would be so overpowered. I reached Titan yesterday and owned him with 2 sand bears and stabby stabby's.
---
#18yesZnes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:49:19 PM
silktail posted...
yesZnes posted...

Does that include item use outside of battle too?
E.g. Holy Water, the Golem item, and the Tent you use to advance the plot.
---

So far the only items I've used are Ramuh and the Tent to advance the story, in and outside of battle. No Pheonix Downs, no Tents, no Ethers..

I haven't accepted any drop items, except on battles when the boss music is playing, and I'm just starting the second world.

It still feels like too easy of a challenge though. No theif, no bard, and only using !Control to farm !Blue spells, no spending any GPs and no using Items.

It seems like your gear dictates your classes, and if you can't pump out enough physical damage, you can switch to 4 Summoners with !Blue. The only real challenge for me has been not letting anyone die on the way to the boss fight, and trying not to use MPs on the way their, because I haven't been using tents on circles.
#19yesZnes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 1:09:54 PM
I'm going to continue with this and not use Items, but I think the next iteration has to have a "No duplicate classes during any random encounter or boss fight clause"

I've owned too many bosses by going in as 4 Blues or 4 Summoners or 4 Monks.

I'll update when I'm done world 2, my plan is to have Faris master Ninja, Bartz master Samurai, Galuf master Hunter and Lenna master Chemist, while getting some !Jump and !Lance abilities.

I might put a hold on the Hunter or Samurai when I get enough gear to have a second effective Ninja.
#20MMSMBPosted 12/6/2012 10:45:19 AM
Monks?! what level are you? I found them pretty useless during the challenge *accepts drops and uses tents + no farming for drops + deathclaw only on randoms*

Anyways, what's broken in this challenge are the blue mages, summoners and frikken beastmasters. I still didn't reach Exdeath at W2 but i have a strategy against him.

!Catch on a monster that uses a 25% percent HP damage attack like Lightning or Breath wing, I know that yellow dragons have them *VERY hard to catch* but i don't know if there's a monster in W2 that can use Breath Wing. Anyways, you catch 4 of those monsters and them release all of them, they should do 8192 x 4 which equals to 32768 and that number is EXACTLY Exeath's HP.

My characters are at level 21 and mastering Ranger for !Rapidfire, it'll help when using Chicken knife as a beastmaster or Flare enchanted !Rapidfire.

All characters have their job levels at: Ranger LV2, Summoner LV3, Bluemage LV3, Beastmaster LV3 and Geo LV1.
---