NEo Shinryu glitching?

#1AzuredoragonPosted 4/19/2013 1:45:11 PM
I even read other sites and all of them suggested one easy strategy is to use 'flare' or anything that's single target, no rapid fire, etc.

NONE of my attacks hit him. I've restarted this many times using many different things to try hurting him and none of them will hit him... wtf?
#2samurai gorohPosted 4/19/2013 2:01:36 PM
He can toggle invulnerability, that's why you cannot hurt him at times.
---
Iím the best in the universe! Just remember! [F-zero X]
#3BlueMage82Posted 4/19/2013 3:17:24 PM
samurai goroh posted...
He can toggle invulnerability, that's why you cannot hurt him at times.

Yeah this. So when you are unlucky you won't hit him at all, it's an annoying fight imo.

I found that the only way to beat him was dual wield and jump for everybody and dragon lances.
#4downdingPosted 4/19/2013 6:56:58 PM
Are you sure you're using Lvl 3 Flare? the Blue Spell and not the normal Flare? And only after he's had his level cut.
#5thunderbird006Posted 4/19/2013 7:52:58 PM
Just keep at it. Remember there are other methods to attacking him, than using spellblade.. Though few being effective.

Remember, you can always use the spell time spell return, if things get really bad.

I'd also use mighty guard to make things a bit easier.
---
Remember the name Thunderbird006!!For I will return again!Mario Kart Wii FC:WWW 0603 0166 7510. Pkmn Platinum 0131-1325-4573. SSBBrawl FC 3910 2300 9382
#6DeltaInfernoPosted 4/19/2013 11:42:24 PM
Though I haven't fully tested his coding the reason Enuo can do something similar is because both battles have fake versions of the enemy that are also on the screen, and work like the skill Image. They are real targets, but cannot be hurt, hence why all hitting spells/skills like rapid fire hit these fakes targets, while single target spells do not. I'm not entirely sure why the attack skill will also hit the fake targets, I think it has to do with how it is coded. I need to test that more.
#7silktailPosted 4/20/2013 5:53:23 PM
downding posted...
Are you sure you're using Lvl 3 Flare? the Blue Spell and not the normal Flare? And only after he's had his level cut.

Normal Flare should always hit, except when he has the invulnerability up.

Note: I haven't tested it, but I think the invulnerability is switched on/off at roughly the same time as his attack turn. (Baring in mind that some turns he does several continuous attacks and that counter-attacks won't count either.)

I'm not entirely sure why the attack skill will also hit the fake targets, I think it has to do with how it is coded. I need to test that more.

You mean the !Attack command? That shouldn't hit the false targets (at least not with any regular weapon).

Although his "regular target" does have fairly decent Evade%, plus there that whole business with his invulnerability switching.
---
#8DeltaInfernoPosted 4/20/2013 9:09:56 PM
His Evasion is 20, the fight has 4 targets, three layered over Neoshinryu who cannot be seen and cannot be killed. These targets have a possibility of taking his physical attacks, I'm still not sure why this is, and its something I'm looking into. That is how he "toggles invulnerability" This is why singe target magic skills always hit, because these targets are not designed to notice magic. Enuo is coded teh same way as I said before. It should also be noted that Neo is coded to respond with white whole if he he is hit as a direct counter, while the other shadows are not.

He is battle 0254 you can see it with this program
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/898/
#9DeltaInfernoPosted 4/20/2013 9:10:21 PM
His Evasion is 20, the fight has 4 targets, three layered over Neoshinryu who cannot be seen and cannot be killed. These targets have a possibility of taking his physical attacks, I'm still not sure why this is, and its something I'm looking into. That is how he "toggles invulnerability" This is why singe target magic skills always hit, because these targets are not designed to notice magic. Enuo is coded teh same way as I said before. It should also be noted that Neo is coded to respond with white whole if he he is hit as a direct counter, while the other shadows are not.

He is battle 0254 you can see it with this program
http://www.romhacking.net/ utilities/898/
#10silktailPosted 4/21/2013 10:01:28 AM
Note: In case you are wondering, I'm mostly basing my answers on the Algorithm FAQs. (I.e. The GBA and the SNES ones here.)

I admittedly haven't tried hacking the information myself, so I can be mistaken....

silktail posted...
Normal Flare should always hit, except when he has the invulnerability up.

....speaking of which; I think I have made one of mistakes here. ;)

The GBA FAQs led me to believe the False Image status was the same as Invunlerable status, and it isn't (according to the SNES FAQ). It should only give immunity to physical attacks.

Which would mean that Flare should always hit.

the fight has 4 targets, three layered over Neoshinryu who cannot be seen and cannot be killed. These targets have a possibility of taking his physical-attacks, I'm still not sure why this is, and its something I'm looking into.

Yes, there are 4 enemy-targets and 3 are hidden/invunlerable enemies. However most physical attacks won't let you target a single hidden-enemy.
!RapidFire is something that gets around that however, as it will target everything and then randomly selects one to hit.

Otherwise the real Neo Shinryu target gets it's physical-attack immunity from the False Image status effect, which it switches on/off with each turn it gets.

Note:The attacks & spells turns are actual done by one of the hidden-enemies. Although the real-target does do the counter-attacks when damaged.
---