NEo Shinryu glitching?

#11DeltaInfernoPosted 4/21/2013 1:05:33 PM
That explains a bit on the AI of the enemy and his general speed. I still am working on figuring out how fake targets are treated. But yea I think that's all we need to know.
#12silktailPosted 4/22/2013 4:30:32 PM
I still am working on figuring out how fake targets are treated. But yea I think that's all we need to know.

I probably should have made clear that the 3 fake-targets have the (actual) Invulnerable status, always enabled on them.
(So Flare would have no effect, if you had figured out a way to target them with it.)

That status is mostly what makes them a fake-target. Although how the game deals with them as you defeat the real-target, is probably another part of it.
---
#13DeltaInfernoPosted 4/22/2013 7:24:34 PM
silktail posted...
I still am working on figuring out how fake targets are treated. But yea I think that's all we need to know.

I probably should have made clear that the 3 fake-targets have the (actual) Invulnerable status, always enabled on them.
(So Flare would have no effect, if you had figured out a way to target them with it.)

That status is mostly what makes them a fake-target. Although how the game deals with them as you defeat the real-target, is probably another part of it.
---

That much I am aware of, It seems either that Neo and Enuo have high evasion or that skills like jump and such can hit those fake targets, that is what I had meant by how they work. And to answer how the game deals with them is if there are no viable monsters the battle is declared as victory. Multiple bosses with different forms use a routine in their AI to unhide the other forms, when messing around with that I made a test of killing that form and making it load a different monster who didn't have the AI to unhide and it resulted in a victory. It should also be noted the battle structure has to have hidden enemies set.
#14DjibrielPosted 4/23/2013 2:18:49 PM
The False Image status mentioned in both the GBA Algorithm FAQ and instructrtrepe's FAQ for the Super Famicom game both provide immunity to ALL damage, not just physical damage. Instructrtrepe describes it wrong, sad to say.

I tried to explain as clearly as I could how Neo Shinryu and Enuo function in my walkthrough in sections 4.56.2 (Neo S.) and 4.54.3 (Enuo). Hopefully it gives you some insight.
---
http://tenchinohoukai.cavesofnarshe.com/
#15silktailPosted 4/23/2013 4:21:58 PM
O.k. That makes more sense. (I couldn't remember how it worked for the original bosses with it.)

So in the end, Flare should only work while the False Image is off.
DeltaInferno posted...
That much I am aware of, It seems either that Neo and Enuo have high evasion or that skills like jump and such can hit those fake targets, that is what I had meant by how they work.

!Jump is just a physical attack and will normally only target the real target, but False Image make it immune to the damage/etc.

At least I don't think you can manually aim at that fake Neo Shinryu target. (It isn't hidden, to allow it to act.)
---
#16thunderbird006Posted 5/2/2013 11:54:20 AM
Like many others have said... Neo Shinryu has "2-3 extra hidden targets. They can't be destroyed, or can they? Regardless that causes his so called invincibility or glitching.

As far as your attack options. Use spellblade w/flare, but no rapid fire. Remember you're more likely to hit nothing but air, and at half strength per hit. You can also use a dragon fang + blitz shot to do more damage. I'd also use dispell, to negate mighty guard's effects.
---
Remember the name Thunderbird006!!For I will return again!Mario Kart Wii FC:WWW 0603 0166 7510. Pkmn Platinum 0131-1325-4573. SSBBrawl FC 3910 2300 9382