Revised challenge >_>

#1Haste_2Posted 4/24/2013 4:00:54 PM
1)LLG, or rather, the lowest levels possible taking into account the next 6 limitations.
2)No spell-casting items.
3)No level-raising in battle.
4)No !Mix
5)No !Blue Magic
6)No !Sing
7)No Hide/Zombie abuse

I was just being silly in the last one, but I'm pretty serious about this challenge here. Any takers?
---
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those! It could be fun! So... what is a party?" "Well, you drink punch and eat CAKE! ...I think."
#2Supernova 163Posted 4/25/2013 5:35:24 AM
I did something similar during the FFV Four Job fiesta last year.

Finished the game with everyone at level 9, using only the White Mage, Black Mage and Time Mage jobs.
I broke the second rule a few times, by spamming rods on a few bosses, but the job restrictions cover the rest of those rules. IIRC, other than Sol Cannon, rod spam was to speed things up, not because it was strictly necessary. But I don't think Sol Cannon would be a huge obstacle in your challenge, since you can still use Lightning Scrolls.
You'd be able to finish up at a lower level too, since !Catch would allow you to avoid some of the EXP I had to take on the Big Bridge.
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
#3samurai gorohPosted 4/25/2013 8:40:47 AM
Supernova 163 posted...
You'd be able to finish up at a lower level too, since !Catch would allow you to avoid some of the EXP I had to take on the Big Bridge.

Technically it would be !Release (Releasing a Jackanapes), since you cannot catch the enemies on the Big Bridge...
---
Iím the best in the universe! Just remember! [F-zero X]
#4Supernova 163Posted 4/25/2013 6:17:39 PM
From: samurai goroh | Posted: 4/26/2013 1:10:47 AM | #003
Technically it would be !Release (Releasing a Jackanapes), since you cannot catch the enemies on the Big Bridge...

That's totally what I meant!

The last time I played the game was that challenge, so all I was going off was a vague idea of "Beastmasters do something useful on the Big Bridge in a LLG!" <_<
---
#5Haste_2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 8:00:55 PM
That's impressive, Supernova. I never would have guessed a true LLG was possible with so many limitations.
---
"Ah, a party! We haven't had one of those! It could be fun! So... what is a party?" "Well, you drink punch and eat CAKE! ...I think."
#6Supernova 163Posted 4/25/2013 9:11:25 PM
I just remembered I used the Magic Lamp on Neo Exdeath, to kill once of the portions straight away with Odin. So broke the second rule another time.

Mostly the challenge wasn't that bad. !Time's Haste and Slow gave a ridiculous turn advantage over most bosses. Blink was also super useful. Survivability wasn't an issue most of the time, I just had pitiful damage output for most of the game.

The most difficult bosses were probably Sol Cannon, first Exdeath fight, Necrophobe and NeoExdeath. The rest were just a matter of landing Slow and chipping away at their HP.
---
#7semisamenamePosted 4/25/2013 10:45:12 PM
Supernova 163 posted...
I just remembered I used the Magic Lamp on Neo Exdeath, to kill once of the portions straight away with Odin. So broke the second rule another time.
Only one part of Neo Exdeath isn't heavy, so it isn't a terrible loss. Just happens to be the part with the greatest HP total. !Condemn's Doom will still take it out, as can !Time's Banish (though against 66% magic evasion).

Supernova 163 posted...
The most difficult bosses were probably Sol Cannon, first Exdeath fight, Necrophobe and NeoExdeath. The rest were just a matter of landing Slow and chipping away at their HP.
Necrophobe is even optional, or moreso with an emulator.
#8the_rowanPosted 4/30/2013 2:22:56 PM
Necrophobe is actually quite easy on GBA if you allow yourself to grind job levels on Vilia. Chaos Cannon into !Finisher spam takes him out almost immediately, as Chaos Cannon will instantly kill all four barriers 100% of the time.

The first Exdeath can be cheesed with !Catch/!Release and four Yellow Dragons.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#9zane0144Posted 5/15/2013 7:29:50 AM
You can also skip NeoExdeath with that one cannoneer shot. Chaos something. If you finish of the first form with that then Neo Exdeath doesn't appear.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ