Best place to get gil?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. Best place to get gil?
8 years ago#1
Can somone tell me some good spots to get quick gil? I'm trying to get the 500k sword from the auction house, and I'm way off the target gil amount.

Thanks,
-Ian.
8 years ago#2
It depends on where you are. If you have the Falcon and are in WOR (I think you are)
then you can go the the southwest continent (forgot the name) there is a town above a small desert area. Save in front of it and don't talk to the blonde-haried bandit in the lower left corner of the town.

Then go into the desert and you will run into cactuars sometimes. You need to use magic because they dodge a lot of physical attacks but they only have 3 hp. Each one drops 10000 gil.

I am so happy. This is the first person I've helped on this board. =)
---
If I must die, it will be of a heat stroke in a snowstorm.
Pokemon Diamond Name:Zak** FC:5154 9523 0894
8 years ago#3
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=930370&topic=40931654

3rd question
---
Post count adds to Karma. Again, guess you're just not intelligent to understand simple things. - Sunrie
There is a walkthrough god, and he is Lufia. - smarttman
8 years ago#4
thanks for the help.

one more question. locke's steal hardly ever works, is there a way to boost the sucess rate besides the thiefs bracer? btw i have brigands bracer or whatever it's called equipped to him, too.
8 years ago#5
Also covered in the Endgame Sticky...
---
# of people who have used my sig's link-27. (Woo!) Please notify me if you've used it.
Everyone who owns Pokemon D/P: http://www.filb.de/?site=games/nds/dp/box
8 years ago#6
ok, i was going to make a new topic for this, but i'm a noob.

i remember from FFIII a dragon's neck battle with "zigfried" as appose to "sigfried". as it was a long time ago, all i remember is that he completley pwned me. what's the deal with sig/zigfried? is he beatable and how do i fight him? or is he even in this verson?
8 years ago#7
Cactaurs won't take damage from most spells either however Edgars Drill/Chainsaw thrown weapons Shadow, Sabins blitz moves, Cyans Bushido and 1000 Needles Strago's Lore/random sketch command will kill it instantly.

Slagworms however are fought more often but are worth 1850 or so exp and still worth 10,000 gil per battle Death spells can work and since it counters everything else with sandstorm vanish the entire party first and only use Death spells.

If low on MP cast stop on a Slagworm before casting Osmose.

Get the Cats Hood armor only Relm can equip and you will get 20,000 gil per battle instead.

The reason for vanishing everybody is that Slagworms will only counter physical if and when Deat/Banish doesn't instant kill it.
8 years ago#8
i remember from FFIII a dragon's neck battle with "zigfried" as appose to "sigfried". as it was a long time ago, all i remember is that he completley pwned me. what's the deal with sig/zigfried? is he beatable and how do i fight him? or is he even in this verson?

The very nature of Colleseum Siegfried to to wreck your **** worse than a tagteam fight with a Malboro Worst and Don Tonberry, as evidenced by what you have to do to beat him. You fight him by betting a Megalixir(for a Tintablum, lol). It's always been possible to beat him, but it basically requires sending Shadow in as a dragoon with his Stop-inflicting weapon equipped.
---
# of people who have used my sig's link-27. (Woo!) Please notify me if you've used it.
Everyone who owns Pokemon D/P: http://www.filb.de/?site=games/nds/dp/box
8 years ago#9
another random question.

i need more elixers! for the miracle shoes i'll be needing for the dragon's den, that is. i was a dumbass and used some in battle, and now i can't get those sweet kicks. any way i can get some more?
8 years ago#10
The reason for vanishing everybody is that Slagworms will only counter physical if and when Deat/Banish doesn't instant kill it.

Seriously, where did you get that from? Usually I can tell how you make your mistakes, but I'm clueless on this one.

Also, Dragon Fogel has a much more effective way of defeating Siegfried (and I've used it to beat him with a lvl 8 Gogo, among others): Sell all your Tools except Noiseblaster. Give Gogo three Tools commands and send him to fight Siegfried.

He'll confuse Siegfried most of the time. While confused, Siegfried will use Attack 50% of the time.... or Hyperdrive (8000+ damage) and Metal Cutter (I forget how much this does, but it's in the thousands).

All you gotta do is hope he doesn't use Attack, and if he does, that gogo confuses him ASAP again.

After the fight, yuo can buy all the Tools except Chainsaw and Air Anchor at Figaro Castle. You can steal those two Tools from monsters if you really want them back.
---
Post count adds to Karma. Again, guess you're just not intelligent to understand simple things. - Sunrie
There is a walkthrough god, and he is Lufia. - smarttman
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. Best place to get gil?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived