Veldt encounter pattern

#1FwahmPosted 8/17/2008 8:06:38 PM
I'm just curious, but why hasn't any of the FAQs i've read explained the pattern for finding enemies in the Veldt?
#2ArizonanPosted 8/17/2008 8:09:22 PM
I think it's randomly determined. And if it is random the RNG isn't manipulatable.
#3Fwahm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2008 8:11:02 PM
It's partially random, but there is a pattern you can use to find certain enemies faster.
#4Lufia_MaximPosted 8/17/2008 8:26:31 PM
The only thing anybody can do is give you a list of all the packs.

The rest is random. And even with the list of packs, it basically just tells you what you could have encountered, so it's not relaly helpful either.
---
Post count adds to Karma. Again, guess you're just not intelligent to understand simple things. - Sunrie
There is a walkthrough god, and he is Lufia. - smarttman
#5Fwahm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2008 8:31:32 PM
It is if you an enemy you really want is in a pack you just passed so that you can save and restart to restart the packs.
#6HawklaserPosted 8/17/2008 9:27:35 PM
Could any of you post a little more information on the encounter pattern, as right now I am farming AP on the veldt and also gathering rages while doing so, prior to the sealed cave.

I would really like to use gau more, but he takes a lot of time to aquire rages and that slows down the game. Also so does AP farming on the veldt, but that at least is usefull to the characters you use mostly.
---
People. Can never tell what they will do next.
#7Fwahm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2008 9:32:12 PM
http://www.csupomona.edu/~jlnissen/sample/PACKLISTS.txt

Whenever you finish a battle, the game takes a random number. It then applies that random number to the pack numerically after the one you just finished. If it is empty, it picks another random number until it finds one with enemies in it. If you have not encountered the group of enemies it chooses, it will proceed to the next pack and check for the same number.
#8HawklaserPosted 8/17/2008 9:41:16 PM
Thanks, that should help in filling out gau a bit. Also while looking it over I noticed the packs tend to all be from relitivly the same area in the game, which might be useful in manipulating what will show up when going for specific enemies for rages, lores, or item purposes.
---
People. Can never tell what they will do next.
#9MajinKain0Posted 8/17/2008 10:21:57 PM
In older versions of the game you could save and reset, this would add 13 to the next formation. In this version, however, that is no longer the case.
#10Lufia_MaximPosted 8/18/2008 6:49:56 AM
Back in the day, you could buy cocaine at a pharmacy.

See the relevance? Me neither.
---
Post count adds to Karma. Again, guess you're just not intelligent to understand simple things. - Sunrie
There is a walkthrough god, and he is Lufia. - smarttman